Toast Welcome to the SUNS, Oskar Faulkhead

Remove this Banner Ad

CanYouFeelTheSunburn

Sinkin Corona's
Jun 9, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The Gold Coast SUNS have selected Oskar Faulkhead with pick 7 in the 2022 NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft. Oscar is a 19 year old 182cm midfielder who comes from the Bendigo Pioneers.

Let's give Oskar a big SUNS welcome!

oscar.PNG

MarcLocksCrustySock

Caleb Graham Metricon Event Crowd Controller
Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
As Iva said, go well Oskar and don't make a faulkhead of yourself.

Really like the look of him though jokes aside. Has great lateral movement.

Jessbek

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
Welcome mate, joining us at a great time - no risk of not having an adequate nickname when you make a poor decision

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Gold Coast Suns midseason draftee Oskar Faulkhead reveals the drives that landed him on AFL radar​

For every training session, he would embark on a four and a half hour journey with his parents. Now those sacrifices have landed this rising star on the Gold Coast.
As for where he figures in the Suns squad long term, the teenager admits while he has his ideas his versatility may lead to other plans.
Faulkhead sees himself fitting a similar mould to the role assumed by Izak Rankine; a midfield man capable of plying his trade across the ground.

“An AFL game before the season ends would definitely be a goal of mine. To take into the pre-season an AFL game under my belt would be really handy,” Fauklhead said.
“I’ll keep pushing for that and hopefully I can play some good VFL footy.
“I definitely like that mid role, I worked on getting in the gym this pre-season, putting a bit of weight on and being threat at inside middle. That paid off this year.
“My game is very versatile, they can build me into that half-forward, wing, even halfback. “Over the years I’ve played every position at a high level, so I think that versatility is a big part of my footy.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RowellAnderson12

Premiership Player
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pacers, Verstappen
Any chance of a debut this season or pretty far down the pecking order?
Probably no chance, Bowes, Constable, Fiorini, Flanders & Sharp have all collected 35+ possession games and that wasn't a guarantee to be in the AFL side. Not sure what Faulkhead will have to do in the future

Remove this Banner Ad