Toast Welcome to the SUNS, Oskar Faulkhead

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome mate, joining us at a great time - no risk of not having an adequate nickname when you make a poor decision

Gold Coast Suns midseason draftee Oskar Faulkhead reveals the drives that landed him on AFL radar​

For every training session, he would embark on a four and a half hour journey with his parents. Now those sacrifices have landed this rising star on the Gold Coast.
As for where he figures in the Suns squad long term, the teenager admits while he has his ideas his versatility may lead to other plans.
Faulkhead sees himself fitting a similar mould to the role assumed by Izak Rankine; a midfield man capable of plying his trade across the ground.

“An AFL game before the season ends would definitely be a goal of mine. To take into the pre-season an AFL game under my belt would be really handy,” Fauklhead said.
“I’ll keep pushing for that and hopefully I can play some good VFL footy.
“I definitely like that mid role, I worked on getting in the gym this pre-season, putting a bit of weight on and being threat at inside middle. That paid off this year.
“My game is very versatile, they can build me into that half-forward, wing, even halfback. “Over the years I’ve played every position at a high level, so I think that versatility is a big part of my footy.”

I hope that's Oskar :p
287619889_10158814871810509_6903928970977761283_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance of a debut this season or pretty far down the pecking order?
Probably no chance, Bowes, Constable, Fiorini, Flanders & Sharp have all collected 35+ possession games and that wasn't a guarantee to be in the AFL side. Not sure what Faulkhead will have to do in the future

Dude is an endurance beast. I used to do data entry on cross country day at Red Cliffs. Oskar would cross the line after the 5k run, ages ahead of everyone else, competing against the older boys, and he had barely broken a sweat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back