RowellAnderson12

Debutant
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC & Indiana Pacers
prediction 2020 -

plays 12 games, he dominates neafl and comes to afl with some swagger averaging 12 touches and a goal a game as a forward pressure / macperhson type

FootyGuy13

That Guy in the Back Corner
Feb 21, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
On the Athletics Day at the Foster Secondary College, it always interesting to see the battle between Xavier Duursma and Flanders. The hard part was that they couldn't compete directly against each other, so Duursma would set the bar (usually the school record) and then Flanders would try to match the next year. My former boss who went on to work at Gippsland Power full time reckons that Flanders is a better footballer than Duursma so you've definitely ended up with a good player.

Mt Isa Mustang

Debutant
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
prediction 2020 -

plays 12 games, he dominates neafl and comes to afl with some swagger averaging 12 touches and a goal a game as a forward pressure / macperhson type
Reckon you’re just about right. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him there round 1 personally. Maybe builds a bit of running fitness in the neafl first.

SandyToes

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Let's hope Sam can return the Clayton Oliver favour we did for Melbourne in coming years ;)
I have long had the stuffing knocked out of me regarding 18yo footballers with potential but it seems he's my sort of player
We definitely need some junkyard dog around the place
True story, the last great canine to come out of Fish Creek was my old Spoodle- best dog ever
Sam has a lot to live up to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jen2310

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns

“I was just trying to stay calm and back the year I have had and stay confident to know I have put in enough hard yards for a club to take an opportunity.
“I’m super excited to go to the Suns and cant wait to get up there (to Queensland).
“Honestly I had no idea. I thought coming in to the night I thought maybe it might be Swans or Freo and then they passed on me and then I was fortunate the Suns gave me the opportunity.”

Fortunately for Flanders, an 18-year-old from the Victorian country town of Fish Creek that has a population of less than 1000, was exactly what Gold Coast were after.
The Suns never imagined he would still be available outside the top 10 and traded picks 17 and 22 to get him at pick 11, a significant investment not lost on Flanders.
“They have given up two picks on me. I’m super fortunate they had the belief in me it does mean more because of it,” Flanders said.

jackenny

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
My favourite surprise pick for this draft.

Rowell and Anderson were a given, but Flanders is what we really needed to get some bite into our forward-line for the coming years (a combination of Flanders, Rankine, Sexton, and Macpherson running around in our forward line as smalls is a dream come true - those are four blokes all capable of becoming elite for their specific roles).

MaySwallow4Heron

All Australian
Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Dug up some highlights from 2017 that give a much better feel of how Sam plays. I felt that the ones provided from this year were super short and lazy highlight cuts. Man he is gonna be a player.

Top Bottom