Toast Welcome to the suns, Sandy Brock

Remove this Banner Ad

Brock is a 198cm defender from the Northern Territory who played with Peel Thunder in the WAFL colts competition this season. The Suns have access to Darwin talents in their Academy catchment.

He needs some media training lol

Played WAFL league / reserves this year - not colts.

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 3.04.21 pm.png

Looking at his games, played in the Peel side with current and former AFL listed players Lloyd Meek, Reece Conca, Tobe Watson, Joel Western, Bailey Banfield, Mitch Crowden, Taylin Duman, Jackson Merret, Ben Howlett etc..

Nice little platform to come onto an AFL list.

Played WAFL league / reserves this year - not colts.

View attachment 1270468

Looking at his games, played in the Peel side with current and former AFL listed players Lloyd Meek, Reece Conca, Tobe Watson, Joel Western, Bailey Banfield, Mitch Crowden, Taylin Duman, Jackson Merret, Ben Howlett etc..

Nice little platform to come onto an AFL list.
Think he may have played both, as he mentioned colts and seniors in his interview.

Also mentioned that he has speed, so he can race away from his opponents if they try to monster him

Did some research/stalking on Peel Thunder's coaches wrap

Brock named Full back in their league side which is half WAFL players, half Fremantle listed players.

It seems Brock started in the reserves and got promoted to seniors the same time Alex Pearce (Fremantle) and Will Schofield (Retired) both vacated mid-year.

Peel didn't do coaches wrap earlier in the year and were on and off for the rest of the year.

WAFL LEAGUE
Rd 15 - v Claremont - No Mention
Rd 16 - v West Perth - "Things got worse for our young team in the second quarter with injuries to Hill (game ending), Knight, Pina and Brock."
Rd 17 - v South Fremantle - No Mention
Rd 18 - v Swan Districts - "Better players on the day were Tyrone Thorne, Sandy Brock, Blair Bell, Michael Randall."
Rd 19 & 20 - N/A
Rd 21 - v Perth - "The defence led by Ben Hancock and Sandy Brock were a tough unit to crack."
Rd 22 - v Subiaco - "Sandy Brock – kept Sokol to two-goals"

Did some research/stalking on Peel Thunder's coaches wrap

Brock named Full back in their league side which is half WAFL players, half Fremantle listed players.

It seems Brock started in the reserves and got promoted to seniors the same time Alex Pearce (Fremantle) and Will Schofield (Retired) both vacated mid-year.

Peel didn't do coaches wrap earlier in the year and were on and off for the rest of the year.

WAFL LEAGUE
Rd 15 - v Claremont - No Mention
Rd 16 - v West Perth - "Things got worse for our young team in the second quarter with injuries to Hill (game ending), Knight, Pina and Brock."
Rd 17 - v South Fremantle - No Mention
Rd 18 - v Swan Districts - "Better players on the day were Tyrone Thorne, Sandy Brock, Blair Bell, Michael Randall."
Rd 19 & 20 - N/A
Rd 21 - v Perth - "The defence led by Ben Hancock and Sandy Brock were a tough unit to crack."
Rd 22 - v Subiaco - "Sandy Brock – kept Sokol to two-goals"
Thanks for posting something useful.

I'm pretty keen to see him in action next year.
I had his age wrong - 14/12/02 - is actually 18 turning 19.

Played in the u16 AFL champs alongside Malcolm Rosas and Joel Jeffrey in 2018
Seemed to be names on the bench in the 3 games played, and was named amongst the best in 1/3 games

ROUNDGRADEOPPOSITIONKHDMTHOFFFAGB
Round 22, 2021LeagueSubiaco4264200100
Round 21, 2021LeaguePerth6173101000
Round 20, 2021LeagueWest Coast61736101000
Round 18, 2021LeagueSwan Districts4261402000
Round 17, 2021LeagueSouth Fremantle4372200200
Round 16, 2021LeagueWest Perth2572270011
Round 15, 2021LeagueClaremont6285260010
Round 14, 2021LeagueEast Fremantle941321122000
Round 12, 2021LeagueEast Perth46103400000
Round 10, 2021LeagueClaremont4262000300
Some games are available to watch on youtube if anyone is that bored.
Wears number 44 by the looks

Out of curiosity, is Sandy indigenous?

I thought our Darwin access was essentially a Next Generation Academy which would limit us to indigenous players and those of non-Australian backgrounds. Is that correct or do we have access to all Darwin products?

A 198cm key defender with "elite speed" is definitely something we can use. Just getting more KPD depth is going to help because I and many other Suns fans were always nervous whenever Collo or Ballard got hurt. We all knew our only option for replacement was Caleb Graham and you know you're in trouble when that's the case. I suspect Sandy will begin the season in the VFL and will likely pass Graham pretty quickly in terms of preferred key defenders.

Welcome Sandy!

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, is Sandy indigenous?

I thought our Darwin access was essentially a Next Generation Academy which would limit us to indigenous players and those of non-Australian backgrounds. Is that correct or do we have access to all Darwin products?

A 198cm key defender with "elite speed" is definitely something we can use. Just getting more KPD depth is going to help because I and many other Suns fans were always nervous whenever Collo or Ballard got hurt. We all knew our only option for replacement was Caleb Graham and you know you're in trouble when that's the case. I suspect Sandy will begin the season in the VFL and will likely pass Graham pretty quickly in terms of preferred key defenders.

Welcome Sandy!
Darwin zone doesn't necessarily have to be indigineous for the northern academy, I don't think? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. That only applies to NGA academies (Indigineous + multicultural)
I mean Brodie Lake isn't indigineous yeah? He was part of the NT zone last year.

Darwin zone doesn't necessarily have to be indigineous for the northern academy, I don't think? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. That only applies to NGA academies (Indigineous + multicultural)
I mean Brodie Lake isn't indigineous yeah? He was part of the NT zone last year.
Yeah, in statements, Darwin region is added as a new academy zone to existing ones, nothing about NGA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe Brodie Lake is indigenous. Here he is playing for the Boomerangs:

Efpshjx.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back