Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh man my mancrush on this kid is getting massive

if you are to come into the temple of Bontempelli you must worship the great man!!!!

Another great game today by Bonti with 24 quality touches as well as a amzing goal from the square.

Young Marcus just looks as though he has it and it was pleasing to see him play so well.even though we got smashed.

Who is On board the Bonti bandwagon. We needed a Bonti only thread

Last edited:

... as well as a amzing goal from the square.
What I want to know is when he kicked from the square (naaah, it was from CHB wasn't it?) did he plan the leg break that took it through for a goal? *

* Not a serious question

With all our Church of Prudden fundamentalists around here, and the Latter Day Church of Honey, why isn't there a Temple of Bontempelli?

cleveland you can do it. australian idle you can do the graphics, surely?

Have you formed an opinion on whether he can kick yet, Fronk? Serious question.
Not yet, but signs are good aren't they. Action seems fine and he gets good distance. Has hit some guys lace out and kicked 2 goals in the last 2 weeks. I'm very hopeful he'll be a surgeon with the footy like.....dare I say it.....pendlebury.

What do you think DW?

Dav1d

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
With all our Church of Prudden fundamentalists around here, and the Latter Day Church of Honey, why isn't there a Temple of Bontempelli?

cleveland you can do it. australian idle you can do the graphics, surely?
:eek:

I was the first to say we should draft him to, over a year before the draft
in fact I wanted him in the draft with Macrae because I saw how he could kick the ball, didn't even know his hands in traffic were as good as that

I'd have drafted him JUST on his kicking :drunk:

The pass to jones early was exquisite. Kids just got it. Beast.
Just on his kicking Fronk his passing seems good just when he tries to kick long he seems to get under it a bit and it goes too high, something that can be easily fixed though :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not yet, but signs are good aren't they. Action seems fine and he gets good distance. Has hit some guys lace out and kicked 2 goals in the last 2 weeks. I'm very hopeful he'll be a surgeon with the footy like.....dare I say it.....pendlebury.

What do you think DW?
I'm not concerned at all, although I haven't scrutinised it too closely.

At this stage he doesn't look like he'll ever have delivery that is elite but he can get distance, has vision and composure and doesn't seem to have a complicated action. I think he kicked 10 goals in one game last year didn't he? He's still adjusting to AFL (in his own words) and as he becomes more comfortable and composed it will only improve.

Some raised their eyebrows when it was said a few weeks ago that he would be better than Macrae (who will very good, BTW) but that's not looking like such an outrageous call now.

24qr0aq.jpg

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Bontempelli

And no, there's no 'Latter Day' rubbish at the Church of Honey, or I'm forming a breakaway with blackjack and hookers.

But seriously, this kid is just amazing. Absolutely motors through games for an 18 year old, displays strong leadership, amazing hands, composure and vision and a solid kick with lots still to improve. Not to mention being an absolute class act off the field. So, so impressed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back