Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gave this board the scoop last year and it's been backed up twice from other sources and now he's out with hip soreness.

Just a s**t feeling right now. Please find a way to get him to 100% doggies.

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
In all seriousness if Bont were to come up crook or if his noble hip were to flare up, who would it be? Hunter? JJ?

I wish I could exchange my precognitive abilities for ones that would be able to heal his greatness' hip. :cry::cry::cry::cry::'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He still plays alright with a sore hip.....tipping the club thought 12 days rest would help the inflammation in his hip joint. The sky is not falling. The fact he was rested against a second rate Gold Coast to me says they are attempting to manage him wisely.

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He still plays alright with a sore hip.....tipping the club thought 12 days rest would help the inflammation in his hip joint. The sky is not falling. The fact he was rested against a second rate Gold Coast to me says they are attempting to manage him wisely.

Bevo said tendon soreness which I take as code for chronic low grade inflammation of unknown origin. I'm happy for him to miss the odd game this season whilst we are not a flag threat.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Man if the rumours about Bont having a degenerative hip are true it is the biggest tragedy at the Bulldogs in my lifetime. He was on track to be the greatest player in the history of our club and now it looks like he might be cooked before he even enters his prime. Thank God we at least got a premiership with him. It worries me to think of life after Bont though. We will really be lacking a superstar if we lose him. I wish we could get some clarification around it but I also understand why the club wouldn't want to disclose this information.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Man if the rumours about Bont having a degenerative hip are true it is the biggest tragedy at the Bulldogs in my lifetime. He was on track to be the greatest player in the history of our club and now it looks like he might be cooked before he even enters his prime. Thank God we at least got a premiership with him. It worries me to think of life after Bont though. We will really be lacking a superstar if we lose him. I wish we could get some clarification around it but I also understand why the club wouldn't want to disclose this information.
1. A fair bit of hyperbole there about the possibility of Bontempelli being ‘cooked’.
2. It is a bit unfair to say we have no other superstars when William J Gowers keeps getting us over the line week after week.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I think we should calm the farm when it comes to using terms like 'cooked' even when you add 'might be'.

The poor kid has sat out one and maybe two matches. Don't jump at shadows and just wait. If he needs a couple of weeks rest, so be it.
Well it depends. I certainly don't think he is cooked in the sense that he will still be a highly successful player and have a long career as long as we manage it effectively.

In saying that, there's every chance it'll take away the little explosiveness he has and instead of becoming a top 5 player in the comp, we may have to settle for a top 50 player.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Well it depends. I certainly don't think he is cooked in the sense that he will still be a highly successful player and have a long career as long as we manage it effectively.

In saying that, there's every chance it'll take away the little explosiveness he has and instead of becoming a top 5 player in the comp, we may have to settle for a top 50 player.

It's a wait and see for me.

The doomsday scenarios being floated by some don't wash with me yet, but I know being reactionary and catastrophising is what makes BF go around, so I get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This thread has ruined my Monday. Just end his season and send him to Europe to the best surgeon in the world. Do whatever it takes to get it right.

bobby2

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
1. A fair bit of hyperbole there about the possibility of Bontempelli being ‘cooked’.
2. It is a bit unfair to say we have no other superstars when William J Gowers keeps getting us over the line week after week.
Well said. Even if his hip isn't going to get better, he was still top 10 in last year's brownlow despite it. This isn't like cooney, whose game was reliant on his pace. Bont can still dominate with his footy smarts even if he can't move that well.

Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory
Well said. Even if his hip isn't going to get better, he was still top 10 in last year's brownlow despite it. This isn't like cooney, whose game was reliant on his pace. Bont can still dominate with his footy smarts even if he can't move that well.
Hopefully more Reiwoldt like.

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
AFL website has a Footy Feed video with Bont the first story. Says a chance pending Thurs training but sounded touch and go. An ongoing issue but the sound pretty casual about it.

Left me thinking (hoping perhaps) that it's really minor at the moment and Bevo is resting him quietly/subtly over the easier games to proactively manage it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back