Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

TheBont

Club Legend
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Two years because he wants to know if the dogs will be good or s**t by then.

Disappointing tbh
Dogs better be at their best otherwise hes leaving.

Bloody doomsday here again.

Rejoice, he’s committed for the next 3 seasons & we don’t have to go through 2019 with a distraction all year fueled by grubs like Barrett on who’s lining him up as an out of contract signing.

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bloody doomsday here again.

Rejoice, he’s committed for the next 3 seasons & we don’t have to go through 2019 with a distraction all year fueled by grubs like Barrett on who’s lining him up as an out of contract signing.

Agree and to be exact it’s a 2 year extension so he is contracted for another 3 years.
It’s smart play by his manager to do the 2 but it also protects the club to an extent. 5+ year deals are inherently risky.
Happy we will see him for the next 3 years and by then I will have the car park pothole fixed!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would like to know why only two years.
I’d say it’s either he’s waiting to see how we go in that period, which is a bit worrying as you’d like players like Bont to commit long term.
Or, his hip issues are worse than first thought and the club is taking a cautious approach.

Two years because he wants to know if the dogs will be good or s**t by then.

Disappointing tbh
Dogs better be at their best otherwise hes leaving.
I shudder to imagine the angst and doomsday scenarios appearing on this forum towards the end of 2021. Think I'll take long service leave around about then :(.

Dec 30, 2003
Melbourne western region
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs / Willy / Palace
Would like to know why only two years.
I’d say it’s either he’s waiting to see how we go in that period, which is a bit worrying as you’d like players like Bont to commit long term.
Or, his hip issues are worse than first thought and the club is taking a cautious approach.

Must say was surprised with the 5-7 year rumours. If I was the Bont (dreaming), I'd only sign for 2 years too. Reckon that's his agent's call to open him up to FA in 2022. Doesn't mean he will go, but will allow other clubs to ask the question and it may push up his $ value for his next Dog's contract. Just being smart.

All good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Has anyone else got a Bontempelli tatt?
I reckon if you blokes get them as well he will be a much better chance of staying in 3 years as he will feel guilty otherwise

AA010319SB0144.JPG

THE YEAR OF THE BONT......STARTS TONIGHT

Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Love it when he kicks but some of his handballs tonight were extreme next level. AFL has a love affair with Cripps ATM and Bont is yesterday’s news for some but Bonts best >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cripps best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AjsGuns

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea.
Love it when he kicks but some of his handballs tonight were extreme next level. AFL has a love affair with Cripps ATM and Bont is yesterday’s news for some but Bonts best >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cripps best.

I just want to say, Cripps and Oliver are my favorite young players to watch outside of ours, I rate them both higher than Kelly, De Goey, Heeney, Merrett etc.

With that said, I dont know how people now rate Bontempelli the lowest of the Cripps, Kelly and Bont debate.
If we compare Bonts seasons in the AFL to Cripps:
2014: Bont Wins
2015: Bont Wins
2016: Bont Wins
2017: Bont Wins
2018: Cripps Wins
I am happy to concede that 2014 and 2015 should not be used as they were still in their first couple of seasons, so it would be disingenous to use that data. You could also say in 2017 that Cripps did his ACL so I am happy to erase that season also. That puts them at 1:1 (Bontempelli 2016) (Cripps 2018) at worst.

People (including dogs supporters) always talk down Bonts 2017 season because it wasn't as good as 2016 and everyone expects young players to follow an upward trajectory. Fact is, Bontempelli won our BnF in 2017, made the AA Squad (could of easily got a spot in the team on the HFF) and finished 7th in the Brownlow medal - that is a very good season for a 21 year old kid.

Bontempelli and Cripps are both superstars, Bontempelli is also a victim of how Bevo plays him, there are times his stuck in our forward line for 10 minutes and the ball doesn't go near him (losing momentum). If he was getting the same midfield minutes as Cripps his disposal count would be a lot higher.
Obviously different players - Cripps is a better contested clearance player and Bontempelli is more versatile and can kick a few goals a game and has better skills. Regardless, I am taking both ahead of Kelly and if forced to choose between Cripps and Bontempelli, I'd go the Bont (would be happy with either).

Will be interesting if Bontempelli has a huge season, his last 4 games of 2018 were massive and he was clearly BOG in round 1 2019.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I just want to say, Cripps and Oliver are my favorite young players to watch outside of ours, I rate them both higher than Kelly, De Goey, Heeney, Merrett etc.

With that said, I dont know how people now rate Bontempelli the lowest of the Cripps, Kelly and Bont debate.
If we compare Bonts seasons in the AFL to Cripps:
2014: Bont Wins
2015: Bont Wins
2016: Bont Wins
2017: Bont Wins
2018: Cripps Wins
I am happy to concede that 2014 and 2015 should not be used as they were still in their first couple of seasons, so it would be disingenous to use that data. You could also say in 2017 that Cripps did his ACL so I am happy to erase that season also. That puts them at 1:1 (Bontempelli 2016) (Cripps 2018) at worst.

People (including dogs supporters) always talk down Bonts 2017 season because it wasn't as good as 2016 and everyone expects young players to follow an upward trajectory. Fact is, Bontempelli won our BnF in 2017, made the AA Squad (could of easily got a spot in the team on the HFF) and finished 7th in the Brownlow medal - that is a very good season for a 21 year old kid.

Bontempelli and Cripps are both superstars, Bontempelli is also a victim of how Bevo plays him, there are times his stuck in our forward line for 10 minutes and the ball doesn't go near him (losing momentum). If he was getting the same midfield minutes as Cripps his disposal count would be a lot higher.
Obviously different players - Cripps is a better contested clearance player and Bontempelli is more versatile and can kick a few goals a game and has better skills. Regardless, I am taking both ahead of Kelly and if forced to choose between Cripps and Bontempelli, I'd go the Bont (would be happy with either).

Will be interesting if Bontempelli has a huge season, his last 4 games of 2018 were massive and he was clearly BOG in round 1 2019.
I love watching them both. I can easily see how dogs fans would argue Bont and how Blues fans would argue Cripps. Both superstars.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back