Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

mambavino

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2013
The Stoop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MCFC, LA Lakers
If Bont was already 26-27, I think there is a good chance he would have signed a 5 year extension, but I'm not at all surprised that this is only 2 years. How many players of Bonts ilk are signing long term extensions at 23 yo??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheBont

All Australian
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Two years because he wants to know if the dogs will be good or s**t by then.

Disappointing tbh
Dogs better be at their best otherwise hes leaving.

Bulldogs Legend

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bloody doomsday here again.

Rejoice, he’s committed for the next 3 seasons & we don’t have to go through 2019 with a distraction all year fueled by grubs like Barrett on who’s lining him up as an out of contract signing.
Agree and to be exact it’s a 2 year extension so he is contracted for another 3 years.
It’s smart play by his manager to do the 2 but it also protects the club to an extent. 5+ year deals are inherently risky.
Happy we will see him for the next 3 years and by then I will have the car park pothole fixed!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Charlie Bucket

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would like to know why only two years.
I’d say it’s either he’s waiting to see how we go in that period, which is a bit worrying as you’d like players like Bont to commit long term.
Or, his hip issues are worse than first thought and the club is taking a cautious approach.

Dogs_R_Us

Space Traveller
May 3, 2001
Sirius - the Dogstar
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Two years because he wants to know if the dogs will be good or s**t by then.

Disappointing tbh
Dogs better be at their best otherwise hes leaving.
I shudder to imagine the angst and doomsday scenarios appearing on this forum towards the end of 2021. Think I'll take long service leave around about then :(.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs till i die

Club Legend
Dec 30, 2003
Melbourne western region
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs / Willy / Palace
Would like to know why only two years.
I’d say it’s either he’s waiting to see how we go in that period, which is a bit worrying as you’d like players like Bont to commit long term.
Or, his hip issues are worse than first thought and the club is taking a cautious approach.
Must say was surprised with the 5-7 year rumours. If I was the Bont (dreaming), I'd only sign for 2 years too. Reckon that's his agent's call to open him up to FA in 2022. Doesn't mean he will go, but will allow other clubs to ask the question and it may push up his $ value for his next Dog's contract. Just being smart.

All good.

BrisDog

Club Legend
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Has anyone else got a Bontempelli tatt?
I reckon if you blokes get them as well he will be a much better chance of staying in 3 years as he will feel guilty otherwise

mcgleereturns

All Australian
Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Love it when he kicks but some of his handballs tonight were extreme next level. AFL has a love affair with Cripps ATM and Bont is yesterday’s news for some but Bonts best >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cripps best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom