Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Bont payed well but he seemed to over run the ball a few times in close packs. We expect so much of him... He is a superstar but most important a good role model!

Surely Bont wins the Brownlow. He’s impact on games is second to none right now.

Similar to Dusty in previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

After last night he’s gone from $2.50 favourite into $2. Wines $5.50, Oliver & Petracca $10

Have started to believe its his year. He always had the ability but he has come of ade physically this year.
The thing that sets him apart is his versatility imo, you look at Wines and Oliver you know what you get every week, hard nuts who do anything to win the ball, Trac a bit more dynamic but still it’s same thing every week. The thing I love about Bont is you don’t know what you’re gonna get, some weeks he will hardly see the bottom of a pack, have 20 touches kick 3 goals and deliver unbelievable passes off either boot off each foot all day, the next week he’ll have 35 touches, 25 contested, 10 clearances, 10 tackles and bust open packs but sometimes sprays his kicks a bit as it’s just such a huge workload. Then some weeks he puts both gamestyles together and puts in these games no other player in the league is capable of, thankfully for us their becoming more and more common.

Someone made a good point the other week, he’s genuinely the best defensive mid in the game. He’s an absolute beast in the contest he doesn’t get beaten. It’s a luxury that he can also break from packs at speed and kick 30 goals for the year.

It’s been a different Bont the last few weeks but no less effective, he’s the best in the comp and it’s not even close right now

The great thing about Bont is that he's brought out different tools from his kitbag this season.

His recent performances - metres gained and kicking out of the clearance - is a mile off the full-length-of-the ground, transition/turnover ball movement that he was helping us win games earlier this year, like his fantastic BOG round 2 v Eagles.

The best players are the ones that bring out another tool when the team needs that different tool, or other teams find a way to take one away from you. That makes him the best player in the game.

Doesn’t win votes but Bont does more of the unseen hard stuff than anyone. Last night, even when he wasn’t getting clean possessions 4-5 times he just knocked it on to another player, tapped it just enough to advantage, blocked for another midfielder or got back in to defence and spoiled the ball or put body on a forward. And he does this every week. Even when he’s off and not getting the ball he impacts the game with just being there and getting involved. And then when his moment comes, he takes it. He’s just f$&@ing awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m too young to remember James Hird’s prime. How far off is Bont from reaching him?
Hird was a myth. Good player, but overrated due to who he played for and media exposure. Brad Johnson was better without the plaudits.
Bont is better than both now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have Bont on 26 votes so far which puts him 1 behind Oliver according to AFL’s brownlow predictor.

Big game against Melbourne this weekend in terms of his brownlow chances. I feel like his form is slowing down and he’ll just miss out this year but I hope I’m wrong!

On AFL site he's 4 clear and it doesn't include last night's game so you'd assume he's 6 votes clear now

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 11.29.36 pm.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back