Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a quick talk to Bonti at Adelaide Airport after the game. Seems to be a ripping guy with his head switched on.
Also spoke to his dad for a good 5 minutes during check-in. Was incredibly proud of Marcus' achievements so far, and is really looking forward to the rest of the season. He felt for the likes of Griff, Roughy and Grant who tried their best to soldier on throughout the game too.

Scarily, he's almost the same height as Grant (193cm).

Grant started his career at 192cm, ending it at 194cm. Bonty would have another centimetre or two in him for sure!

Have to agree with others assessment of his incredible natural ability and 1st rate vision. My only knock would be he possibly lacks a yard or two, which at the moment he makes up for with footy smarts. With another preseason or two, once he gets used to the extra weight he's put on, he'll hopefully gain a little pace.

Whitten ovals latest in a long list of saviors has now landed*. Poor bastard!

bont.jpg
*Here's hoping Bulldogs supporters ridiculously high expectations dont prove to be his kryptonite.

Last edited:
Bonts is 12cm taller and 10kg heavier. You can't teach size.

The height is great but not necessarily all that important when you already have guys like Macrae and Stringer who will end up tall midfielders. I'm sure we picked him because we thought he was going to end up the superior footballer, which is cool. Aish might end up as a Jared McVeigh and Bonts might end up as a Pendlebury.

The height is great but not necessarily all that important when you already have guys like Macrae and Stringer who will end up tall midfielders. I'm sure we picked him because we thought he was going to end up the superior footballer, which is cool. Aish might end up as a Jared McVeigh and Bonts might end up as a Pendlebury.
Of course the height isn't necessary. Although it is all hypothesising I reckon if you had 22 Gary Abletts or 22 Scott Pendelbury's they'd be by far the best player in the league.

However not everybody is a gun and all things being equal you would rather a player being taller than shorter, obviously.

Bonts looks like he can be a genuine weapon in the air, I loved the confidence he showed to fly for a few grabs on the weekend, even if they didn't all stick. Thats something he definitely has over Aish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bonts looks like he can be a genuine weapon in the air, I loved the confidence he showed to fly for a few grabs on the weekend, even if they didn't all stick. Thats something he definitely has over Aish.

Agree, it's going to be a huge asset moving forward.... I can see him causing headaches both forward and back....Hell we should look to isolate him at kick-ins... God knows nothing else is working down there...

I agree dude, but this kid is different, he's genuine tall almost key position height, by that I mean he's not only tall but can play tall. He has Fletcher's go go gadget arms and a good leap....Perfect third man up at ball ups and throw ins, genuine marking target forward or spoiling option down back he can do it all...Hence the Temple man, if he was short it would only be a church, cathedral at best??

Haha. Not bad for an idol moment.
However he looks like the Black Knight from The Holy Grail after King Arthur had finished with him (see match day thread).:eek:

Or maybe VitalDread, BRG and CunnyFunts in Rundle St... they should be legless by now. :D
Never got to that stage, By the time we got back to the Hotel after the game we where wrecked

Was having a couple of quiet ones with a mate on Saturday night wearing my dogs beanie when a stranger came up to me, (telling me he was a cats supporter) and proceeding to give me a monologue on how good he thinks Bonts will be. Something along the lines of "once he fills out that tall frame of his there isn't a midfielder in the comp who will be able to tackle him"

Loving Bontempelli's work the last 2 weeks. So good to see young draftees with special talent like his. If he goes on and gets to Pendelbury levels, its very exciting times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back