Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
I love watching them both. I can easily see how dogs fans would argue Bont and how Blues fans would argue Cripps. Both superstars.
Let's be real though, the arguments are kinda silly as you said both great players where every team in the comp will kill to have either of them.

Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cripps is a super player but if we REPLACED Bont with Cripps we would be a lesser team and that again is not diminishing Cripps. We already have Libber, McCrae, Dunkley, Wallis to do what Cripps does ( albeit not as well ) but I’ve never seen Cripps do anything like Bonts kick to Gowers on Saturday night and that is standard practice for his skill set. Again I know Bont has a superior supporting cast - a premiership team no less - but Bonts best nearly always wins us the game, Cripps best results in a lesser loss margin. Different players of similar standard but Bont is the player we need for this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With the game on the line...<br><br>Enter <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BontThings?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#BontThings</a>.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MightyWest?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#MightyWest</a> <a href="https://t.co/PWbj75wGne">pic.twitter.com/PWbj75wGne</a></p>&mdash; Western Bulldogs (WESTERNBULLDOGS) <a href="">March 23, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can we create our own tradition and have Easton hand over the captaincy at the mid point of the season? Make a big deal about it. Like “The Bont is ready”. With Easton Vice captain again.

Jun 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
COLLINGWOOD v WESTERN BULLDOGS
9 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
8 Brodie Grundy (COLL)
5 Tom Phillips (COLL)
4 Hayden Crozier (WB)
2 Caleb Daniel (WB)
2 Jordan De Goey (COLL)

LEADERBOARD
34 Marcus Bontempelli
29 Patrick Cripps
26 Tim Kelly
25 Patrick Dangerfield
24 Lachie Neale
23 Lachie Whitfield
19 Sebastian Ross
18 Jeremy Cameron
17 Travis Boak
17 Stephen Coniglio
16 Luke Shuey
15 Shaun Higgins
14 Nat Fyfe
13 Andrew Gaff
13 Jade Gresham
13 Daniel Rich
12 Ben Cunnington
12 Scott Lycett
12 Jack Macrae
12 Rory Sloane
12 Michael Walters

Surging ahead in the AFLCA votes, him and Cripps have to be considered the best players in the game now.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
COLLINGWOOD v WESTERN BULLDOGS
9 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
8 Brodie Grundy (COLL)
5 Tom Phillips (COLL)
4 Hayden Crozier (WB)
2 Caleb Daniel (WB)
2 Jordan De Goey (COLL)

LEADERBOARD
34 Marcus Bontempelli
29 Patrick Cripps
26 Tim Kelly
25 Patrick Dangerfield
24 Lachie Neale
23 Lachie Whitfield
19 Sebastian Ross
18 Jeremy Cameron
17 Travis Boak
17 Stephen Coniglio
16 Luke Shuey
15 Shaun Higgins
14 Nat Fyfe
13 Andrew Gaff
13 Jade Gresham
13 Daniel Rich
12 Ben Cunnington
12 Scott Lycett
12 Jack Macrae
12 Rory Sloane
12 Michael Walters

Surging ahead in the AFLCA votes, him and Cripps have to be considered the best players in the game now.
That's some very strange voting in my opinion. Hard to figure out exactly how it went, but best I could come up with was:

COACH 1
5 - Marcus Bontempelli
4 - Tom Phillips
3 - Brodie Grundy
2 - Jordan De Goey
1 - Hayden Crozier

COACH 2
5 - Brodie Grundy
4 - Marcus Bontempelli
3 - Hayden Crozier
2 - Caleb Daniel
1 - Tom Phillips

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That's some very strange voting in my opinion. Hard to figure out exactly how it went, but best I could come up with was:

COACH 1
5 - Marcus Bontempelli
4 - Tom Phillips
3 - Brodie Grundy
2 - Jordan De Goey
1 - Hayden Crozier

COACH 2
5 - Brodie Grundy
4 - Marcus Bontempelli
3 - Hayden Crozier
2 - Caleb Daniel
1 - Tom Phillips
Swap Daniel and De Goey and you've probably got Bevo as coach 1 and Buckley as coach 2.

Bont would be close to leading the Brownlow at this stage of the season. Has been brilliant, besides a few skills errors.

My new favourite thing is when Bont gets tackled and the opposition fans start ‘BALLLL...’ only for the great man to swivel his hips, free his arms and lay off the handball. With minimal effort. Federer-like.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Swap Daniel and De Goey and you've probably got Bevo as coach 1 and Buckley as coach 2.

Bont would be close to leading the Brownlow at this stage of the season. Has been brilliant, besides a few skills errors.

Jeez I would love Bont to win the Brownlow to put an end to the Bont vs Cripps vs Kelly vs Oliver debate

And maintain our record of having a Brownlow Medalist every decade since the 1930s.

I saw someone post that during pre-season, so I went and backed every bulldog player that was listed.

Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Jeez I would love Bont to win the Brownlow to put an end to the Bont vs Cripps vs Kelly vs Oliver debate

Didn’t you read Robbo this morning - Lachlan Whitfield and Cripps. Brownlow won’t end the debate - Woewodin beat West!! - but if stays as fit and agile and strong as he’s been in the first 4 rounds ( and solves his Chris Grant like goal kicking yips) he’ll be Cripps, Kelly and Oliver combined and the argument is over for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back