Welcome Welcome to tiger land Jacob Bauer (Pick 10 Rookie draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dow 7 touches.
stack is done.
martyn not up to it.
ross butchers it.
i could go on and on.
but I really liked what I saw from Bauer. Has a little bit of class about him.
Dow should be destroying VFL

Dow 7 touches.
stack is done.
martyn not up to it.
ross butchers it.
i could go on and on.
but I really liked what I saw from Bauer. Has a little bit of class about him.
Reckon we are screwed from next year
None of these players are taking the step up to afl level, praying that sonsie becomes a player
we are gonna struggle once cotch presti shed lambo are gone.

3086.7 m/min

51.4 m/s

hmmm we are going backwards at a penalty of around 50 m per second, sounds like the 100 Knot formulae is what the umpires are using on Richmond they are looking at giving a 50 metre penalty any second they can against us and deny a 50 metre penalty when its due our way.

broken the AFL secret code.

Last edited:
Really good debut imo , he got no favours re delivery into the f50, he had to earn every possession.
He certainly attacks the marking contests, goes 110% in the air.
Liked his attitude last night too, you could see him annoyed with himself on several occasions when beaten to a contest. Think he sets himself high standards.

Pretty impressive all things considered, he’s had what a handful of training sessions with the sr boys and probably one with the vfl squad, worked well into the game and had a red hot crack

ever since fly left us at the end of 2020 our development has gone south at a rate of 100 knotts an hour
Thought it was caracella then leppa now fly , wOw ok , major diff with former vfl squad were the stalwarts like Townso et al that backed up well at that level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought it was caracella then leppa now fly , wOw ok , major diff with former vfl squad were the stalwarts like Townso et al that backed up well at that level
Yeah the drop off isn't because of coaching. It's because every depth player we have lost has been replaced with another kid. That's what happens when you're successful. The salary cap works to bring you down.

Our 2019 VFL premierships side had the following players in it that have all gone on to other clubs: Butler, Townsend, Markov, CJ, Chol, Naish, plus other older blokes like Weller and Steve Morris who have since retired.

They've been replaced with skinny kids who've played * all footy in the last couple of years.

Yeah the drop off isn't because of coaching. It's because every depth player we have lost has been replaced with another kid. That's what happens when you're successful. The salary cap works to bring you down.

Our 2019 VFL premierships side had the following players in it that have all gone on to other clubs: Butler, Townsend, Markov, CJ, Chol, Naish, plus other older blokes like Weller and Steve Morris who have since retired.

They've been replaced with skinny kids who've played duck all footy in the last couple of years.
I think it’s also the same for the coaching staff as well, we aren’t just developing players but coaches as well
We had vfl coaches like McRae who had been in a number of systems and just about ready for a call up to the big leagues

We moved onto Clarke and now Morris who are newcomers to coaching and are learning the craft as well, not manny coaches are experts day one and it takes time for them to develop just like players

Gave away 4 frees too. Will fit in with the umpires treatment of our other forwards.

Reckon if he backs it up with a couple more bags he might be a chance at a senior game.

Round 16 vs West Coast beckons.

Balta to rotate into ruck from defence and drop Soldo.

K Backs:- Balta 194cm Grimes 194cm Gibcus 196cm (+Broad 192cm)
K Fwds:- Lynch 199cm Riewoldt 193cm Bauer 192cm

No Soldo. No Tarrant. No worries.

Last edited:
Well fly was the development coach
Leppard and caracella were not

Jacob Bauer (10 disposals, four marks, two inside-50s, one goal)

"Was pretty stiff to not end up with three or four goals. He got himself into really good positions and wasn't used when he should have been. I think he's progressing really nicely, he certainly knows how to play his role for the team."

This kid is still 19. That is a super encouraging coach report on Bauer, especially the last line I highlighted. Jacob is the same age as Oliver Henry, 2cm taller and looks well capable of fulfilling a similar role for us in the future. Henry is progressing very nicely for the Pies. Fritsch is another example of a similar type of player - he is almost 6 years older than Henry and Bauer. Georgiades at Port similar height to Bauer is a year older. Gunston another one who plays a similar mobile forward plus marking threat role. Membrey and Hayward both sort of play that role, regularly selected without being stars.

Hopefully Bauer stays sound and keeps performing well, he probably has 8-10 kg’s to put on yet over he next 4 years or so. Tracking very nicely.

Jacob Bauer (10 disposals, four marks, two inside-50s, one goal)

"Was pretty stiff to not end up with three or four goals. He got himself into really good positions and wasn't used when he should have been. I think he's progressing really nicely, he certainly knows how to play his role for the team."

This kid is still 19. That is a super encouraging coach report on Bauer, especially the last line I highlighted. Jacob is the same age as Oliver Henry, 2cm taller and looks well capable of fulfilling a similar role for us in the future. Henry is progressing very nicely for the Pies. Fritsch is another example of a similar type of player - he is almost 6 years older than Henry and Bauer. Georgiades at Port similar height to Bauer is a year older. Gunston another one who plays a similar mobile forward plus marking threat role. Membrey and Hayward both sort of play that role, regularly selected without being stars.

Hopefully Bauer stays sound and keeps performing well, he probably has 8-10 kg’s to put on yet over he next 4 years or so. Tracking very nicely.
He looks to be tracking nicely

Will be a player to watch in 2023 after a proper AFL preseason under his belt and learnings from the likes of Tarrant , Grimes , Balta , Broad at training against him and Tom & Jack teaching him the foward craft.

3086.7 m/min

51.4 m/s

hmmm we are going backwards at a penalty of around 50 m per second, sounds like the 100 Knot formulae is what the umpires are using on Richmond they are looking at giving a 50 metre penalty any second they can against us and deny a 50 metre penalty when its due our way.

broken the AFL secret code.
How many Olympic Swimming pools does that equal ?

a nathan gordon type

Very impressive yesterday in the VFL. Has a beautiful set of hands and does play a fairly true key forwrd type game.

He is a quality prospect.

Attacks every marking contest with a lot of power. I can see him developing over the next pre season and surprising alot of people and moving into a Jack Gunston type role in the ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back