Player Watch #3: Dion Prestia

Remove this Banner Ad

ARES

Cancelled
Apr 6, 2005
Live for footy
AFL Club
Richmond
Some people will make you believe that Prestia is a spud on here.

I for one am happy about this acquisition. If he brings his game here and helps share the load alongside Dusty, Cotchin and potentially Caddy, we are setting up for a solid midfield.

Could have tried getting him for less but it is what it is

No not a spud, far from it

we paid overs for him. Not his fault though, it's RFC's negotiation

I would rather we had packaged this and next years 2nd rounder and somehow get a pick 11-14 and use that for Prestia

kept pick 6 for that gun midfielder this year

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United

I would rather we had packaged this and next years 2nd rounder and somehow get a pick 11-14 and use that for Prestia

Getting a bargain for him was gone from the moment they offered him $700K+ per season in my opinion. The club appeared to have little choice after that. Would he have nominated us if we offered him less? Not sure.

I have been on board since the rumours started. He is if not very close to our most complete mid. Watch Cotch get better now we have Dion. His influence will be far greater on our team than just the 27 possies, a goal, 6 clearances and 5 tackles he provides :)

He is a jet and will suprise the hell out of alot of supporters who have judged him on 2 games a year they actually see him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The face you make after going through 4 and a bit threads and potentially thousands of posts - and realise it actually happened. :D

tumblr_inline_mjkzq3PUqf1qz4rgp.gif

Welcome Dion, look forward to you crunching campaigners in the famous yellow and black starting with the riff raff from Visy Park! :p

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond

pick six for someone who might or might not be a gun mid? or pick six for someone who is a gun mid?

Before his injuries, he was a ripper of a player!

"Dashing Lions midfielder Pearce Hanley was another unlucky omission, as was Gold Coast onballer Dion Prestia, who had to carry much of the load in the middle of the ground after Ablett was injured.

Hanley averaged 25 disposals per game and was ranked 10th for inside-50s, while Prestia was fourth in the competition for disposals and equal-13th for clearances."

He would have been what, 21 or 22 in 2014? If he gets a good run at it, he's going to be a beast for us.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-02/all-australian-squad-named

ARES

Cancelled
Apr 6, 2005
Live for footy
AFL Club
Richmond
pick six for someone who might or might not be a gun mid? or pick six for someone who is a gun mid?

Prestia is not a gun midfield

Pick 6 and a second pick in late teens would have gotten you a top 10 midfielder if not top 5

Dangerfield went for pick 9 and pick 28

Based on this years output, Prestia was ranked 85th best of just the midfielders

Any player can be made to look great in a highlight reel

That said hope he gels with our midfield and they all get the best out of reach other. Let's not waste time with what's happened, he is at Tigerland now, let's play ball

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back