Player Watch #3: Dion Prestia

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome and good luck Dion !

I did like his press conference when asked "why Richmond?" and he paused and smirked.

"Errr... because of the great list they have ?"

lolz

He couldnt mention Lids since he is leaving us.

But we do have Jack, Rance, Martin and Cotch

Welcome to Richmond Dion!
May you play 200 games for us.
on his current pro rata output he would have to play til he's 38 to reach 200. HMMMM more chance of steven morris winning the brownlow, coleman, norm smith kevin sheedy and jack dyer medals all in the same calendar year

Welcome and good luck Dion !

I did like his press conference when asked "why Richmond?" and he paused and smirked.

"Errr... because of the great list they have ?"

lolz
well he couldn't come out and say the tigers were so overly generous to offer me double what anyone else was willing to pay. Also not sure if the rumors are true but I heard prestia and conca are looking into starting up a few fasta pasta franchises together?

offerman-breakdance.gif

I dont know whether to shake you're hand, or kiss it, or bow or what... I feel like breakdancing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Done deal...

Welcome Prestia, and all the best at Tiger land

Won't get negative in this thread, well not towards you anyway after all you are now a Tiger
so fair enough we start with this which is fine well done

No not a spud, far from it

we paid overs for him. Not his fault though, it's RFC's negotiation

I would rather we had packaged this and next years 2nd rounder and somehow get a pick 11-14 and use that for Prestia

kept pick 6 for that gun midfielder this year

Prestia is not a gun midfield

Pick 6 and a second pick in late teens would have gotten you a top 10 midfielder if not top 5

Dangerfield went for pick 9 and pick 28

Based on this years output, Prestia was ranked 85th best of just the midfielders

Any player can be made to look great in a highlight reel

That said hope he gels with our midfield and they all get the best out of reach other. Let's not waste time with what's happened, he is at Tigerland now, let's play ball

Elite? You do know her has been in the system for 6 years now
If he is not an elite player by now, don't expect it
He'll compliment existing midfield

Negativity or fact?

In what way is he elite? He will compliment our midfield, that is it, don't make him out what he is not. Many are not happy with this trade, I'm moving on but I don't have to agree with your view

Get your hand off it
then we go to negative post after negative post. facts are dion is probably close to our most complete mid he runs both ways win clearances and tackles he has speed and martin aside is probably our most complete mid. prestia is a gun and will be a big player for us.

so fair enough we start with this which is fine well done...
then we go to negative post after negative post. facts are dion is probably close to our most complete mid he runs both ways win clearances and tackles he has speed and martin aside is probably our most complete mid. prestia is a gun and will be a big player for us.
He's just trollin.

A player that can convince the likes of Caddy to come to Richmond for a second round draft pick and is a consistent inside ball winner with outside speed is well and truly worth Pick 6!!! In fact he's probably worth more because is a natural leader too. Going to make our midfield significantly better for the future

Bloke seemed genuinely happy that he's a Richmond player. Great to see :thumbsu:

could be a catalyst to others wanting to come in the future? previously it seemed like no one ever wanted to come here.

Welcome to Richmond Dion, now take care of those knees and come to round 1 fit and ready to help smash the blues ;)

always loved the meatball, a mid that goes under the radar but really is the complete package in many ways, just hoping his knees stay healthy and that pick 6 is no good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back