Player Watch #3: Dion Prestia

Remove this Banner Ad

so fair enough we start with this which is fine well done

then we go to negative post after negative post. facts are dion is probably close to our most complete mid he runs both ways win clearances and tackles he has speed and martin aside is probably our most complete mid. prestia is a gun and will be a big player for us.
Mate, I know I come across as more negative than positive but I've been around long enough to be able to post my gut feeling. I get asked things and when I reply I then get crap posts like you have just made.
Again, both these players didn't fair that well in their B&F and you guys watch highlight reels and make it out like these are the best midfielders coming from these clubs. Yet when I point this out, I'm negative...???

So you know what, you can put me on ignore that way we can both be content

Mate, I know I come across as more negative than positive but I've been around long enough to be able to post my gut feeling. I get asked things and when I reply I then get crap posts like you have just made.
Again, both these players didn't fair that well in their B&F and you guys watch highlight reels and make it out like these are the best midfielders coming from these clubs. Yet when I point this out, I'm negative...???

So you know what, you can put me on ignore that way we can both be content
Caddy I guess we will all wait and see, but Prestia struggled getting back from his knee this season as to be expected. Plenty of risks with both these players but the upside could be great.

Caddy I guess we will all wait and see, but Prestia struggled getting back from his knee this season as to be expected. Plenty of risks with both these players but the upside could be great.

Mate I bloody hope so, they are players Richmond did need because others have not stepped up. We are probably where we were expected to have been when this season commenced.

But I can't help but ask why we traded Deledio for a future pick. We needed him now, getting Caddy and Prestia tells me we want to prove something next year, getting rid of Deledio seems illogical...

Mate I bloody hope so, they are players Richmond did need because others have not stepped up. We are probably where we were expected to have been when this season commenced.

But I can't help but ask why we traded Deledio for a future pick. We needed him now, getting Caddy and Prestia tells me we want to prove something next year, getting rid of Deledio seems illogical...
Maybe they think it's time we learn to win without Lids.

Has anyone been as dependent on a player as we were with Lids?

Maybe they think it's time we learn to win without Lids.

Has anyone been as dependent on a player as we were with Lids?

You are right, it's the only logical conclusion. But isn't the timing off a tad. I mean, he would have been handy next couple of years, it's a void that may hurt us, I just can't see who would be able to play his role... well yes there is one

This is why we desperately need Yarran, he is such a great user of the ball, breaks lines, has a great pass, has speed, very good decision maker...He is our Deledio

Think he wanted out

We were supposed to get pick 15 but they didn't get the 13 from Adelaide on traded from Carlton and hence we had to settle for the Geelong pick on traded by Carlton. I'd agree though I'd much rather a pick this year to get the talent in as soon as possible. Personally I think we will trade one of our first round picks again next year, we've got a lot of bad drafting to recover from and good players not big stars are who we should target; we have the stars they need support.

Also it's geelongs 1st round pick we now hold. While GWS may take the next step Geelong are just as likely to loose some ground next season as to push on. Something exciting to look forward to, we have a vested interest in Dangefield's team losing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is what was being said, but so did Gibbs

Future first round will probably mean about pick 18 as I can see GWS take the next step

If you are talking about the future 1st rounder we recieved for Deledio, That was Cats 2017 1st rounder and it will depend on where they finish.

Bartel,Caddy,Enright & Maybe lonergan gone

Vardy,Kersten,Smedts, depth gone

If Dangerfield or Selwood get injured can easily see them dropping out of the 8
Melbourne,Stkilda,Adelaide,Bulldogs,GWS,Sydney,Hawks,Richmond,Essendon all will be there or abouts

Could be a pleasant suprise next year

He wanted to leave so we got the deal done, not the other way around.

You are right, it's the only logical conclusion. But isn't the timing off a tad. I mean, he would have been handy next couple of years, it's a void that may hurt us, I just can't see who would be able to play his role... well yes there is one

This is why we desperately need Yarran, he is such a great user of the ball, breaks lines, has a great pass, has speed, very good decision maker...He is our Deledio
Unfortunately due to his mobility it takes 2 players to replace Lids. Fortunately for us we have both those players we just need them to get on the park and play like we know they can.
Yarran will replace the Lids that runs off Half Back and Lennon should replace the Lids that plays at Half Forward.

Yep...Yarran not looking good according to others on here.

Prestia and Caddy are good gets, but do not slot into the #1 and #2 role in our midfield.
Prestia looks solid for sure and will be a key contributor and like Caddy has been bought into compliment our current Brownlow medalist and future Brownlow medalist ;)

Tigers fans,

hope that Prestia shows in the next few years why he cost so much and why we wanted to keep him.

Can win his own ball (10+ cp a game), can get clearances (5+ a game), can get it on the outside, will tackle, will run hard.
Never a sniff of off-field problems.
Was a Vice-Captain this year.
Straight down the line character, doesn't play mind games, will get along with teammates and coaches.

Some knee strains and pcls the last 2 years but nothing major. Could have got back and played at the end of the year in 2015 and in 2016 but we were going rubbish anyway so club decided to be cautious.
Not in his prime yet, if he gets fit will be a clear A grader.

Just hope he gets stuck in traffic a couple of times a week and it rains all next winter.

tums-meatball.jpeg

The rumors about problems in the playing group seemed to center of Lids. If true then maybe he was allowed to go because they felt that a more cohesive playing group is more important than his brilliance.

Plus we get to pick the eyes out of the KP draft next year. Or get Fyfe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back