Welcome to Tigerland Jemima Woods.

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Jemima Woods joins AFLW Tigers
Richmond has signed former Western Bulldogs AFLW player Jemima Woods as a delisted free agent.
Article-Woods.jpg
Richmond has signed 19-year-old key forward Jemima Woods as a delisted free agent on Wednesday afternoon.
The athletic Western Jets product grew up in Bacchus Marsh and was a Western Bulldogs’ Next Generation Academy graduate, before being signed by the Bulldogs prior to the last AFLW season earlier this year.
She arrives at Tigerland having played two AFLW games for the Bulldogs.
Her grandfather Mike Woods played 72 VFL games for Melbourne from 1949-1953, alongside Richmond AFLW player Harriet Cordner’s grandfather Don Cordner.
Richmond AFLW Recruiting Manager Trent Mosbey said the Club saw Woods as a promising young talent.
"Jemima has had a taste of AFLW in 2022, and we believe we can keep growing her game and developing her as a key forward at AFLW level," he said.
"We're excited by her athleticism, power, competitiveness and contested marking.
"She also has an amazing leap to compete in the air, having taken one the best marks I have seen at any level against Carlton this past VFLW season."
After what she described as a "whirlwind" morning hearing the news, Woods said was stoked to be a Tiger.
"It feels great to be here," she said.
"(I'm looking forward to) developing my attack on the footy and my aerial game... and kicking some goals around the forward line."
L7G5qBPC.jpg

Last edited:
Mmm, could be a bit of reach, but young still, very enthusiastic, and athletic. I wonder what Bulldogs thought to be letting her go?

Mmm, could be a bit of reach, but young still, very enthusiastic, and athletic. I wonder what Bulldogs thought to be letting her go?

from the optics of DFA her, looks like this will be Wakefields last season ?

Richmond AFLW Recruiting Manager Trent Mosbey said the Club saw Woods as a promising young talent.
"Jemima has had a taste of AFLW in 2022, and we believe we can keep growing her game and developing her as a key forward at AFLW level," he said.

who knows what goes on at the kennel, maybe have others in mind ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back