Player Watch #22: Josh Caddy - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think we did a swifty on Geelong with this trade. I told you all that someone tipped me that Caddy was a done deal before the trade period, and Wells denied that they in anyway approached Caddy to move so they could get Deledio and seemed pretty miffed over the whole thing. Tiger71 said we chasing another attacking mid in addition to Prestia and the smug look Dion had when asked about Caddy tells me we had this planned for a while. I think we used Deledio's request to pry out Caddy in a more subtle way than if he had just come out and asked for a trade, in the end the way we it panned out probably meant the difference between a first and second rnd pick.

I actually think we did a swifty on Geelong with this trade. I told you all that someone tipped me that Caddy was a done deal before the trade period, and Wells denied that they in anyway approached Caddy to move so they could get Deledio and seemed pretty miffed over the whole thing. Tiger71 said we chasing another attacking mid in addition to Prestia and the smug look Dion had when asked about Caddy tells me we had this planned for a while. I think we used Deledio's request to pry out Caddy in a more subtle way than if he had just come out and asked for a trade, in the end the way we it panned out probably meant the difference between a first and second rnd pick.
I'm still staggered that Caddy would want out of a club that finished 2nd in the home and away season....to come to Richmond.

I think Richmond got the better of the trade, but neither side really had much choice. Richmond wouldn't give up a first round pick (likely to be top 10) for Caddy and the cats were happy to offload him.

He's a good solid player, seems very reliable without being about to set the world on fire.

Though I have a thing about professional sportspeople wearing headbands or anything that needs to be adjusted during play simply to maintain their appearance.

I'm still staggered that Caddy would want out of a club that finished 2nd in the home and away season....to come to Richmond.

This off season makes me wonder about the Cats. Some very strange goings on. Like they are panicked about salary cap or something is wrong in the playing group.

Listening to his press conference and also his interview on trade radio, seems part of the move will be to allow him to spend more time in midfield.

Will be great to swap him and Dusty during games! Both have the ability to play in the guts but to also play forward and hit the scoreboard.

This off season makes me wonder about the Cats. Some very strange goings on. Like they are panicked about salary cap or something is wrong in the playing group.

I have also heard rumours a few of the younger mids like Caddy, Duncan, Lang weren't happy with the Dangerfield move as they were promised greater playing time, more midfield opportunities and then got demoted.

The Danger signing caused a rift between some of the players and the coach from what I understand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have also heard rumours a few of the younger mids like Caddy, Duncan, Lang weren't happy with the Dangerfield move as they were promised greater playing time, more midfield opportunities and then got demoted.

The Danger signing caused a rift between some of the players and the coach from what I understand.

Interesting. I reckon clubs would be picking over the Cats this off season. Danger made them a different prospect and if their cgame plan can be shut down with more study I reckon they could be in for a fall form grace. Hope so anyway. Not wishing any injuries. But I'd love a good pick next year and that would leave a slot in the top 8 available.

Interesting. I reckon clubs would be picking over the Cats this off season. Danger made them a different prospect and if their cgame plan can be shut down with more study I reckon they could be in for a fall form grace. Hope so anyway. Not wishing any injuries. But I'd love a good pick next year and that would leave a slot in the top 8 available.
I am. * them :smilingimp:

Still coming to terms that we actually got him.
Have high hopes for this lad. I wonder what number he will get...
Is 23 still available? I can't even think if anyone has it.
Edit: Just remembered Lambert has it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know how many times I've scrolled through a thread and seen that avatar and read a comment and was like "Have I been hacked? I didn't post that." Only to realise it was Brick?

Ahhh now I know why tigs changed his avatar. Think I'll go back to my Dusty one as I'm get confused between Tigerbob and myself

The only doubt I would have is Caddy bought a house 3 weeks ago. Was a very late target I reckon.

Ahhh now I know why tigs changed his avatar. Think I'll go back to my Dusty one as I'm get confused between Tigerbob and myself

The only doubt I would have is Caddy bought a house 3 weeks ago. Was a very late target I reckon.
6 weeks settlement. I don't believe it was decided last Wednesday that he would move, Maynard from Collingwood reckoned it was "a done deal" on the Sunday prior. Ancient Tiger any insights into how it went down?

I think Richmond got the better of the trade, but neither side really had much choice. Richmond wouldn't give up a first round pick (likely to be top 10) for Caddy and the cats were happy to offload him.

He's a good solid player, seems very reliable without being about to set the world on fire.

Though I have a thing about professional sportspeople wearing headbands or anything that needs to be adjusted during play simply to maintain their appearance.

We can deal with the headband especially after we had Vickery - look at his hairstyle.

6 weeks settlement. I don't believe it was decided last Wednesday that he would move, Maynard from Collingwood reckoned it was "a done deal" on the Sunday prior. Ancient Tiger any insights into how it went down?
I only knew the night before. He actually was in Japan and caught a flight back specifically because of the announcement.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back