Welcome Welcome to tigerland - Seth Campbell Rookie pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought he was great early on leading up to the wing, but after that very quiet. Very clean and balanced, but needs to get in and under a bit more when things are drying up. In another year or 2 he will be a good size and should be going through the midfield, in the meantime we might have to be patient.

Normally about now he's have a spell in the VFL where he can get his hands on the ball a bit easier and come back with some form. But we don't have that luxury. But he is class, so things can change pretty quickly sometimes.

I love the two year extension but that's an awkward year to come out of contract with Tassie coming in the following year.
Based on previous comments he might be one that isn't lured by the pull of home. Hopefully he isn't as I can see him playing a range of positions for us.

not many tassie players will go back

they couldnt wait to leave the joint
In most instances, I’d agree that young Tasmanians can’t wait to leave.

However, footy will be incentivised for them to return. Good contract, extra ambassador money and then buying into a brand. The lure of family, friends, new team all appetising extras. Whoever plays for Tassie, especially the locals, will hold major celebrity status. Outside of the JackJumpers and a dying Hurricanes side, there’s nothing else to support and if there’s one thing Tasmanians love, it’s supporting Tasmanians.

Seth’s in a different boat to the players because he grew up in unique circumstances. You can’t really use the same lures if the family he’s made for himself mostly live in Melbourne.

In most instances, I’d agree that young Tasmanians can’t wait to leave.

However, footy will be incentivised for them to return. Good contract, extra ambassador money and then buying into a brand. The lure of family, friends, new team all appetising extras. Whoever plays for Tassie, especially the locals, will hold major celebrity status. Outside of the JackJumpers and a dying Hurricanes side, there’s nothing else to support and if there’s one thing Tasmanians love, it’s supporting Tasmanians.

Seth’s in a different boat to the players because he grew up in unique circumstances. You can’t really use the same lures if the family he’s made for himself mostly live in Melbourne.
Yeah retention will definitely be the biggest hurdle Tassie will need to work around and it will be interesting to see how the club and the afl plan to combat it

Not so much for the home grown players but the kids that will be drafted from the mainland

Yeah retention will definitely be the biggest hurdle Tassie will need to work around and it will be interesting to see how the club and the afl plan to combat it

Not so much for the home grown players but the kids that will be drafted from the mainland
They’ll have plans but the local kids, especially local Hobart players (footy’s more popular up north, most stars come from up north), will have to really work hard to retain players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back