Welcome Welcome to tigerland - Seth Campbell Rookie pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad to hear this lad is back full training. He will surprise many this year most likely only in the VFL but my spider senses tell me he will be a star. His kicking and evasive skills are elite and he can take a mark for his size.
100%.

Glad to hear this lad is back full training. He will surprise many this year most likely only in the VFL but my spider senses tell me he will be a star. His kicking and evasive skills are elite and he can take a mark for his size.
If our picks last year are anywhere near as good as people say we have a good future. Small, but good.

We need to start finding the big bodied mids to fil in that hole.

But I hope you are right.

We put a lot of time into RCD but he was just not progressing and eventually deemed a potato.

I disagree. He was progressing. Tore up the VFL before getting delisted. But when we recruit 2 top end mids and he is out of contract he was surplus. Dow was lucky to be in contract.

RCD was clearly a better than average VFL player, and maybe a good AFL player. But his development was slow and his ceiling looked to be B grade (Hopper and Taranto A grade). It took him until last year to get to being a likely/possible AFL player. So a very sow burn until we saw that he actually had something like the ability he was selected for (hopefully the club learn from him and we do better picks around that range)

So he's gone and will try to make his way back via the state leagues. If he really kicks in I reckon he'll end up playing AFL again. But he has to turn his inconsistent play and 'average' footy smarts around. Learn to play smarter and get fitter and stronger and he has some awesome tools. Probably 50:50 depending on how he applies himself.

I disagree. He was progressing. Tore up the VFL before getting delisted. But when we recruit 2 top end mids and he is out of contract he was surplus. Dow was lucky to be in contract.

RCD was clearly a better than average VFL player, and maybe a good AFL player. But his development was slow and his ceiling looked to be B grade (Hopper and Taranto A grade). It took him until last year to get to being a likely/possible AFL player. So a very sow burn until we saw that he actually had something like the ability he was selected for (hopefully the club learn from him and we do better picks around that range)

So he's gone and will try to make his way back via the state leagues. If he really kicks in I reckon he'll end up playing AFL again. But he has to turn his inconsistent play and 'average' footy smarts around. Learn to play smarter and get fitter and stronger and he has some awesome tools. Probably 50:50 depending on how he applies himself.
RCD is playing in the SANFL, all the best to him but reckon he’ll struggle to get back on an AFL list.
The game is moving more and more towards gut runners who are capable of repeat efforts. Run and carry, we have identified those types in the last 2 drafts.

RCD is playing in the SANFL, all the best to him but reckon he’ll struggle to get back on an AFL list.
The game is moving more and more towards gut runners who are capable of repeat efforts. Run and carry, we have identified those types in the last 2 drafts.

I agree. What RCD brings is pure size, speed and good skills, and he likes hitting bodies. His repeat efforts have been poor. He will make it if he can actually start to regularly impact games, especially with break always using his speed and power. There his repeat efforts aren't so important.

What I really hope is that the club has learnt more about what matters in high risk high reward picks like RCD. He only 1/2 worked, and so isn't on the list anymore. If RCD makes it back to the AFL and does well, then great, happy for him. But the thing that really is important to us is that we (RFC, not BF Tigers) get better at picking AFL players with those top 20ish picks. We do that and our tenure on top just keeps on going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's looking like he could be a potential top 10 pick if he went in this draft. Like some kind of deranged magician we've pulled a lot of kids out of our ass.

Seriously. We'll see.
I hope so, but my expectations are not quite top 10 level. Good B grade would do me fine. A grade would be amazing!

VFL R2 - Coaches critique

Seth Campbell (15 disposals, four inside, three marks)

"Made a really good return from injury and he's a really exciting player for us for the future. It was his first game for the Club, and he certainly showed us what he's capable of. He's a player that Tigers fans can be really excited about."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back