List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Bailey Williams (Pick 35)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Falcon Strike

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Who knows whether the lad can actually play at the AFL level

However - his skillset is very much required.

Unless you have a gun ruck like Grundy or Gawn - you need someone who can hold down the ruck 35% of gametime and and be damaging for 50%

One of the reasons our 3 talls worked is because two of them (JK and JD) tackle like demons. With Bailey's pace - there is no reason he can't be the same.

As much as Vardy has stepped up - he is stopgap at best IMO. WC should still be on the lookout for a longer term 1st ruck - because Nic at best probably has 3 seasons in him

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
I remember when Lycett was drafted, he didn’t come over at the same time as Gaff and start training with all the draftees, he started a couple days later.

Therefore I’ve come to the conclusion, Williams is a future premiership player.
Hopefully he doesn't fu** off after we win the premiership next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

boondy

I pity the fool
Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
His highlight reel looks good. For a man his size does move well.
It may have been Paul Roos who said these big forwards may look good simply because there is no one to play on them . Real Afl defenders will test them . Boyd Schachie a few are finding it tuff . We will have to temper our expectations . Hang on bugga that . This bloke is gonna be a star .

BeornJ

All Australian
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
It may have been Paul Roos who said these big forwards may look good simply because there is no one to play on them . Real Afl defenders will test them . Boyd Schachie a few are finding it tuff . We will have to temper our expectations . Hang on bugga that . This bloke is gonna be a star .
Good post. Logic, reason, insight then

BAM

Eye blindingly optimistic prediction

boondy

I pity the fool
Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
Don't recall ever seeing a more punch-able face on an Eagles player.

Get around him :rage::fire::jeans:
:rage::fire::jeans: ? Pantskyle?
He wouldnt take a step back by the sounds of him being big blonde and blue steely eyed he intimidates , I wouldnt ask him a stupid question or tell him what his was like , just cos Langdon acted like a punchable head the comparison may be drawn but not by me thats for sure. I take back the Collingwood fan i q remark . Also it was obviously the reporter who couldnt write intelligently that wrote the disjointed interview before draft day .

Last edited:

Top Bottom