List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Bailey Williams (Pick 35)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, West Perth
DsptZZeVYAAoL_b.jpg:large

Pick 35 (Dandenong Stingrays)

Arguably the best ruckman in the TAC Cup competition in 2018, who has also developed into a dangerous key forward. Williams is quick, agile, strong and has a great natural leap. He recorded 66cm in the standing vertical jump in the NAB AFL Draft Combine in October and won the running vertical jump (left foot) with a leap of 94cm. Has drawn comparisons to Port Adelaide star Paddy Ryder.

Last edited:

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
So is he a ruckman or forward? If he is a ruckman I can understand why we picked him. Otherwise he joins the long queue of tall forwards.

So is he a ruckman or forward? If he is a ruckman I can understand why we picked him. Otherwise he joins the long queue of tall forwards.

Unless you are an out and out ruck star - you need to be both

I’ll jump on Bailey :thumbsu: With our fantastic culture and development I reckon we picked up a bargain here.
Kennedy aging, Nic out, Lycett out, Vardy 30 in a couple of years...we’ve picked up the right player here imo. Huge wraps as a tac ruck over here in Melbs.
Ugly as Ling too :thumbsu:

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Touted top 10 at the start of the year, we’ve got time to let him grow. Got some athleticism to work with.

Perhaps we may also see Brander as a key back in the short term so if he can develop into a KPF he would almost be ready post JK.

Surprised we didn’t choose Taylor but I’m not upset with this pick.

Although you would suspect McInnes days as perennial ruck/forward days are finally numbered.

Welcome to our great club, Bailey!

Aug 4, 2004
Lilliput
AFL Club
West Coast
I’ll jump on Bailey :thumbsu: With our fantastic culture and development I reckon we picked up a bargain here.
Kennedy aging, Nic out, Lycett out, Vardy 30 in a couple of years...we’ve picked up the right player here imo. Huge wraps as a tac ruck over here in Melbs.
Ugly as Ling too :thumbsu:
Ugliness is good, it means he can focus on his footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugliness is good, it means he can focus on his footy
Exactly, he wont be rushing back to Dandenong for the wimmins, and his parents are probably happy to have him out of the basement.

Hope he carves it for our 2nds in 2019, then as he gets stronger really becomes that dangerous target up forward when resting from rucking duties

Excited for this kid.

Last edited:

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Exactly, he wont be rushing back to Dandenong for the wimmins, and his parents are probably happy to have him out of the basement.
Todd Goldstein has a bit of trouble keeping his trousers on and he's no male model. You would know better than me Wooshette but sometimes with the wimmins it's not all about the looks.:cool:

Todd Goldstein has a bit of trouble keeping his trousers on and he's no male model. You would know better than me Wooshette but sometimes with the wimmins it's not all about the looks.:cool:
I dont remember tbh. I do remember Lingy took his mum to the Brownlow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back