List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Bailey Williams (Pick 35)

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely the pick im most excited about. The forward/rucks who actually
Enjoy rucking are very rare. You get the odd one like Lycett but the fact is he’s pretty ineffectual as a forward. Williams has a style like, but a ceiling far higher than, Rory Lobb.

After reading about Bailey Williams outdoing Ben King in the TAC cup prelim I watched the TAC GF on youtube ,
The commentators talked up how Bailey needed to get into the game in the 1/4 liked he is the most important player on the ground , in the 3/4 Bailey tore the GF wide open as Darling did in the GF . Bailey was vital in that TAC GF win . Xavier O niell played in that GF too and played ok.
Isaac Quanor looked average (overated ). Will Kelly was far better than Quanor and did a reasonable job on Bailey early . Sam Sturt looked impressive . Looks like we killed the draft if you judge off 1 game , ha ha considering Oakley had a record draft haul our boy smashed em .
So now I Will watch that TAC prelim that Bailey was reported as easily the best leading forward in the face of the King boy .

Who was our last good forward/ruck?

(And not the other way around...)

View attachment 588769

Premiership Hero Nathan Vardy is pretty good, but I can think of anyone else for a while.
Quinten Lynch had a really good year or two when we were rubbish through 08-10. Sinclair was more a forward but not that great. It's been pretty settled with two rucks for a long time now. Gardiner/Cox to Cox/Seaby to NN/Cox to NN/Lycett.

Here's a few posts
Hmmm... I wouldn't say it was meltdown at all. Williams had certainly polarised views from our supporters, some rated him and saw potential, whilst others did not rate him at all due to lower production numbers in comparison to other Key Position players.

I liked him as he offers versatility to play Key Position and Ruck. Whilst we ended up picking a Ruck, its not much an issue from our list perspective, but we will need Key position players in the next 1-3 years for Taylor, Hawkins, Henderson. We may need to go Free Agency by then.

... its not much an issue from our list perspective, but we will need Key position players in the next 1-3 years for Taylor, Hawkins, Henderson...

Might be able to work T.Kelly in as steak knives to a F.McInnes trade by the sounds of things...

Might be able to work T.Kelly in as steak knives to a F.McInnes trade by the sounds of things...
Not sure how the T Kelly trade will pan out at the end of 2019. Really hard to say on that one at this stage. As per usual, the Cats will have their demands, and the Eagles will have their limits. Its just a matter of whether they can get to some agreement. Its way too early to tell with next year's draft, but the word on the street is it lacks depth and top end talent.

The complication at the Cats is we have aging stars that will start departing at end of 2019, Ablett and Taylor for starters, which will free salary cap for Kelly and Free Agents. The club also doesn't want to bottom out and lose membership revenues, as we have debts with stadium upgrades in pipeline. This is more or less our strategy from the CEO and President. The Free Agents for 2019 however, are probably nothing we really need yet either.

I suspect you will finish pretty high next year, so I think it could be your first rounder plus a ready made player, or a first rounder and a later pick upgrade. Just my best guess, but I have no idea really.

Wasn't at training today with the rest of the new boys?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw some Dandenong games and Williams was their key forward and Bowman starting ruck but they were interchanged in both roles.
Dandenong smashed the competition playing 3 genuine ruck options, there was a big redhead you didnt mention Cumming along with Bowman and Bailey .
Well we drafted 4 replacements for Lycett . :):)

Dandenong smashed the competition playing 3 genuine ruck options, there was a big redhead you didnt mention Cumming along with Bowman and Bailey .
Well we drafted 4 replacements for Lycett . :):)
Yes - Cumming played mainly as a KPD and took a few hit out in the defensive end. I was drawn to Eilliams and then Bowman. What stuck out for me was the follow up from both Williams and Bowman especially with the ball on the deck. NicNat is going to like mentoring Williams. I also love the way he splits packs - like Sandilands ribs were at stake!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back