List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Bailey Williams (Pick 35)

Remove this Banner Ad

If he's ready next year hope we play Vards/Hickey and him.
Vardy as number one ruck??? Really
Or Hickey in and then u wanna pick A first year ruckman over a bloke that not only played his best game of footy in the GF but was a massive reason we are premiers??? Yea ok

Bottom line is we committed to Mcinnes and Brooksby prior selecting Bailey in the draft.

I think if we knew that we'd be obtaining another 2nd rounder this year, and that Bailey would still be available at pick #35.. :rage::fire::jeans:

We wouldn't have played it so safe with needless ruck depth.

nek minnit Naitanui takes until 2020 to return, Vardy breaks down (again), and Hickey turns out to be a potato.

In the end we perhaps have one more ruck than we need. It's not like it's taking away from a critical area of need. We are a premiership side with 3 A graders to return, I am confident our list is in good shape for future premiership tilts as well as the challenge of back-to-back flags.

nek minnit Naitanui takes until 2020 to return, Vardy breaks down (again), and Hickey turns out to be a potato.

In the end we perhaps have one more ruck than we need. It's not like it's taking away from a critical area of need.

Agree one is fine, two is overkill.

If i'm being picky i'd rather we used that list spot on identifying a good project KPD to develop.

Agree one is fine, two is overkill.

If i'm being picky i'd rather we used that list spot on identifying a good project KPD to develop.
181577.jpg

Has so much to work on with his goal kicking.
Is currently a horrible horrible set shot for goal
His goal kicking in TAC cup last year was very very poor.
Had double the amount of points than goals.

His is a terrific mark and very good mover for a big guy

Has so much to work on with his goal kicking.
Is currently a horrible horrible set shot for goal
His goal kicking in TAC cup last year was very very poor.
Had double the amount of points than goals.

His is a terrific mark and very good mover for a big guy
Hopefully he just plays further up the ground rather than close to goal. Nothing worse than ruckmen missing simple set shots bang in front

On the Cats board they were hoping to pick up this guy in the draft..
images (5).jpeg
Everyone seemed to be impressed with the athleticism of Ratugolea, well, Williams smashed his running vertical jump, plus William's is probably going to grow to 199-200cm. He also did 20m sub 3 seconds, which means he's quick enough for a solid key position role.

Hopefully he just plays further up the ground rather than close to goal. Nothing worse than ruckmen missing simple set shots bang in front
Or play from the Goal square and get a ton of cheapies like Josh Jenkins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Eagles are looking at Williams more as a key forward than a ruckman.Jk is 6'6" in old parlance and Williams is just under 6'7".I dont think we have anyone else that size coming through that looks really promising.We cant have all KPFs around 6'4" we need that spearhead.Not a Tommahawk lump; but somebody mobile who can mark and tackle.The kicking at goal may not be in JKs league but he looks at this stage to be as better pack mark.WCE will work on his kicking.

When Nic Nat had his last bout of surgery I got a feeling he would last 6 games. I am now picking up that this is it. There will be no more operations after this one, re the game that is. Sadly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back