List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Bailey Williams (Pick 35)

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
When Nic Nat had his last bout of surgery I got a feeling he would last 6 games. I am now picking up that this is it. There will be no more operations after this one, re the game that is. Sadly.
Funny, I made the same prediction about Sandilands when he went down last year.
I know whose closer to the end. Sadly.

Last edited:
Surely he'll get the nickname Boris.

Or Karl.

Carl Williams has a less than flattering and criminally connected undertone to it....... might just pass on that nickname.

Jokes aside I reckon we have got ourself a ripper with Williams , kids still got a fair bit of size to put on he is going to be a monster when he fills out.

Our list has had a serious refresh of talls over the last two years. The spine going forward looks promising.

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Carl Williams has a less than flattering and criminally connected undertone to it....... might just pass on that nickname.

Jokes aside I reckon we have got ourself a ripper with Williams , kids still got a fair bit of size to put on he is going to be a monster when he fills out.

Our list has had a serious refresh of talls over the last two years. The spine going forward looks promising.
Hopefully we don't lose any of those talls, but we can get some mids!

bombard

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
When Nic Nat had his last bout of surgery I got a feeling he would last 6 games. I am now picking up that this is it. There will be no more operations after this one, re the game that is. Sadly.

While you're here divining the mystical rays of the cosmos and generously sharing them on a bigfooty sub-forum (an odd choice of venue, but thanks) - could I get next week's Lotto numbers?

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Is Williams a genuine ruckman? Or more a key forward who provides backup?

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I hope he ends up as a full time ruck, there’s not much room for him as a KPF with Oscar, Brander and Waterman to hold that down for the next decade
I can't see him being a full time all game ruck, see him more as a forward who backs up our no. 1 ruck.
I'm bullish on him though, I think he's going to be a very good player.
Brander hasn't sold me yet as being a key position player, there's chance he ends up as a midfielder imo.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
I hope he ends up as a full time ruck, there’s not much room for him as a KPF with Oscar, Brander and Waterman to hold that down for the next decade
Oscar is a genuine CHF
Waterman is the high half forward or possible wing - he has never been a even in colts
Brander is the Nick Riewoldt half forward and wing but has never been a pack mark. If he plays key position, I see it as CHB intercept mark as he reads the play very well

So that leaves us needing a full forward who can take a turn in the ruck. Perfect fit with Bailey

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Oscar is a genuine CHF
Waterman is the high half forward or possible wing - he has never been a even in colts
Brander is the Nick Riewoldt half forward and wing but has never been a pack mark. If he plays key position, I see it as CHB intercept mark as he reads the play very well

So that leaves us needing a full forward who can take a turn in the ruck. Perfect fit with Bailey
If Brander is like Nick Riewoldt then surely he plays CHF not CHB.

Nov 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I reckon he has all the tools to develop into a pretty good ruck in time. It's his first year, and these sort of players take much longer to develop.

Look at how much time we invested in premiership ruck Scott Lycett before he could dominate Gawn and Grundy at the pointy end of season :moustache:

Someone's mentioned this previously, but think the fwd/ruck role that Ryder played early in his career could be something that Big Bailey could project towards, what with his leap and ability to take a grab in a pack. Still took Ryder a good 3-4 years in the system to actually make an impact on games consistently too.

I'm prepared to be patient with him, but definitely hope we lock him away with a contract extension sooner rather than later.

Back