List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Ben Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Good selection at pick 58. Serious pace, good disposal and provides another option in planning for life after Jetta and Hurn.

That's about all you can ask for from a 4th round pick.

The club were unable to find a trade in this draft until they thought Fremantle were going after Johnson - then it took them all of 30 seconds to make a deal that would secure him - must be highly rated.

Welcome to the club Ben.

Speed and a lethal kick is a nice combination.

On the downside he’s only lightly framed and at 180cm isn’t particularly tall

Colts stats suggest he can find the ball and whilst his 2 league games for West Perth were quiet it speaks volumes that he was able to crack the senior side as an 18 year old

Pretty sound selection at this stage of the draft especially since we are light on for lockdown small defenders

Colts stats suggest he can find the ball and whilst his 2 league games for West Perth were quiet it speaks volumes that he was able to crack the senior side as an 18 year old

Pretty sound selection at this stage of the draft especially since we are light on for lockdown small defenders

I like drafting these WP boys usually made of good stuff..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was really happy with this pick. Johnson has elite speed and jumping ability, paired with a accurate long kick. Although only 180cm, he may grow a few cms - but I see him as a HBF/Wing with skills that complement our game style.

Im really looking forward to seeing him at the Beagles next year, he's an exciting talent.

Ben Johnson is a great grab by the club. Every time I watched him this season, he was nothing less than exciting. He's courageous and takes the game on. He has a penetrating kick and loves to go forward.

Every time he ran with ball in hand, he looked so graceful and moves effortlessly.

Just needs to work on his endurance as his 2km TT was ordinary and needs to master both sides of his body.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highlights look good of him. He seemed very composed and calm in defence. looked like he ad plenty of time. I did notice he uses both feet, kicked a long left foot pass.

3 of our picks tick these boxes.

Just looked at his highlights and I love this kids kicking. As his body matures those kicks will be lethal.

The power he gets in his kicks for such a comparatively small player is phenomenal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back