List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Brayden Ainsworth

Remove this Banner Ad

13 kicks 1 handball. Swap those numbers around - problem solved
Issue is his feign is too good. About three times a match he'll fool opponents by hand and give himself a couple of seconds of liberty, once there it makes sense to deliver by foot.

I haven’t actually fully worked out if he’s quick yet but he seems to not struggle gaining separation. Seems to have reasonable burst pace to get into space which is a handy skill for a mid.

Looking forward to him beefing up and gaining composure at this level. I reckon he will be pretty close to best 22 next year.

His pace is ok, or at least he's willing to bust a nut to reach top lace and not jog around.

He gets separation easily enough through good movement.

This is the second time I’ve heard someone say bust a nut in this context

I’m pretty sure it just means ejaculating

One thing i've noticed in the couple east perth games I've seen him play, and again on the weekend, is that he tends to get a lot of the footy late in matches. His much vaunted tank is definitely not just talk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting note from Schofield on the podcast this week, mentioned that Ainsworth badly injured a finger 15 years ago and never bothered to fix it. They believe it was affecting his ball drop so would explain his kicking.

He's now had surgery to correct it, so will see how this affects him.

Interesting note from Schofield on the podcast this week, mentioned that Ainsworth badly injured a finger 15 years ago and never bothered to fix it. They believe it was affecting his ball drop so would explain his kicking.

He's now had surgery to correct it, so will see how this affects him.

Where you been Kane?

The surgery better make a difference cos he has a lot of catching up to do to reach Worpel and Constable, both of whom are a year younger.

Taking one of those two over Brayden would have made 2017 one of the GOAT drafts for us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back