List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast : Connor West

Remove this Banner Ad

you gotta be kidding me. one game into B-side drafted Midseason probably a handful of training sessions with A-side.Not to mention, the important game of the year against Back to back premiers. This ain't PlayStation bro when you can quickly restart your fu** ups. . Chill.
Booooooooooooooooo

"Young draftee Connor West also slotted seamlessly into the AFL training session, with an impressive play through the midfield which involved sidestepping several players and following-up with a clean entry inside 50."

good to see young Westy cracking in ..

Any chance of the BEAGLES beating Subi? Vardys ruck works been good this year and with Shuey, West, Hutch, XON, Ah Chee and Brander, an upset could be on the cards. Thos

Any chance of the BEAGLES beating Subi? Vardys ruck works been good this year and with Shuey, West, Hutch, XON, Ah Chee and Brander, an upset could be on the cards. Thos

Wouldn't have thought so. Still pretty keen to head down and watch Shuey if I can break free for an hour or two.

I hope he/we don't miss the window with West at AFL level this year.

Even more so if his name comes up as one to be cut at the end of the season.

Yeo back and building, Shuey, TK back next game and Ledwards coming out of nowhere with that performance, the West debut might be shelved for a while unfortunately :sadv1:

Yeo back and building, Shuey, TK back next game and Ledwards coming out of nowhere with that performance, the West debut might be shelved for a while unfortunately :sadv1:

It’s cool DS, there’ll always been more injuries. 👍🏼

😩

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd hope he isn't anywhere near discussions on being cut at the end of this year. He might not get a game (and may not be at the front of the queue of those who are unlucky to miss), but give him a chance to develop.

Shuey and Redden are both the other side of 30. LEdwards looks great - but we still need more than one developing mid coming through. West is 22 so plenty of time.

I'd hope he isn't anywhere near discussions on being cut at the end of this year. He might not get a game (and may not be at the front of the queue of those who are unlucky to miss), but give him a chance to develop.

Shuey and Redden are both the other side of 30. LEdwards looks great - but we still need more than one developing mid coming through. West is 22 so plenty of time.
Unlikely to be cut. We will be losing Ainsworth, Hutchings and probably Venables so we need to keep some mids.

Anyone else old enough to remember his old man Robbie?

I liked him! - very much a ‘nuggety’ midfielder of the time but could definitely play - won the Sandover in 92 while on our list but never cemented himself in our midfield (no shame there, considering the cattle on the list at the time). He played briefly for Footscray too if I remember right, back when every club would have a ping at our fringe players.
Went on to play in a Premiership for Port in the SANFL and won their B&F in a very strong line up then proceeded to sadly get attacked outside a pub (I think?) and nearly died - never made it back to the AFL but was present when ‘Port Power’ was launched their brand - on the left here, thanks YouTube (shortly before he was hurt I assume)…

52BC6A36-806D-4ABE-B281-573F283EC7D3.jpeg

I liked him! - very much a ‘nuggety’ midfielder of the time but could definitely play - won the Sandover in 92 while on our list but never cemented himself in our midfield (no shame there, considering the cattle on the list at the time). He played briefly for Footscray too if I remember right, back when every club would have a ping at our fringe players.
Went on to play in a Premiership for Port in the SANFL and won their B&F in a very strong line up then proceeded to sadly get attacked outside a pub (I think?) and nearly died - never made it back to the AFL but was present when ‘Port Power’ was launched their brand - on the left here, thanks YouTube (shortly before he was hurt I assume)…

View attachment 1157576

CWest=Quest.
Reckon he'll get a shot sooner than later in the 22. He comes with big raps from his fellow team mates
at training and in the Wafl. Sounds like he'd be a quality 'in' next time an A-grade midfielder cops an injury?
After Ledwards, can't wait to see what West brings to the team!

Last edited:

View attachment 1157576

Those are great jumpers. Big fan of Port's 90s kits.

With all this excitement about Luke Edwards I hope people don't forget about our new midfield overlord Connor West.

My summation of the fickle nature of this board this year
5dw454.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back