List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast : Connor West

Remove this Banner Ad

West confirmed as making his debut this weekend.

He’ll be the 261st Eagles’ player, the first Connor, the fifth player in the number 36 (after McInnes, C.Wilson, Read and Hart), and just the second mid-season draftee to play. Points for anyone who names the first.

Robbie and Connor West become the third father-son duo to appear for West Coast, after Michael and Jacob Brennan and Chris and Jake Waterman.

ConnorWest-Debutant-ArticleHero.jpg

West confirmed as making his debut this weekend.

He’ll be the 261st Eagles’ player, the first Connor, the fifth player in the number 36 (after McInnes, C.Wilson, Read and Hart), and just the second mid-season draftee to play. Points for anyone who names the first.

Robbie and Connor West become the third father-son duo to appear for West Coast, after Michael and Jacob Brennan and Chris and Jake Waterman.

Wikipedia suggests it was Damien Hampson (1992 mid-season draft).

Let's hope he goes as well as another curly-haired, mature-aged midfield recruit we got from the WAFL did.

On field yes
Off field the Eagles mods on here still have PTSD from dealing with it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me of Judd
All jokes a side he actually reminds me of a Rory Sloane. Small inside mid that just hunts the man and the footy with some serious intensity. Tho I think Conner has a touch more explosiveness(from the few games I've seen). Would be anything if Westy's game can translate at the next level. Hope Simmo lines hiim up next to sloaney

When we picked him up i messaged a west perth player i briefly worked with asking him about West
We wrote back 'he is a gun'
I responded so you think he'll make it at afl level
He just wrote back 'Gun'
High praise indeed especially when i think of other times he's given me his opinion of other eagles recruits that he has played with/against and is mates with

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

All jokes a side he actually reminds me of a Rory Sloane. Small inside mid that just hunts the man and the footy with some serious intensity. Tho I think Conner has a touch more explosiveness(from the few games I've seen). Would be anything if Westy's game can translate at the next level. Hope Simmo lines hiim up next to sloaney
I was thinking peak Scott Selwood could be the sort of style he'd be suited for, with his toughness the burst from the contest.

I was thinking peak Scott Selwood could be the sort of style he'd be suited for, with his toughness the burst from the contest.
Seems to be a better kick than Scott. Also more of a genuine offensive midfielder plus has more pace. Overall I don’t think he shares too much of a likeness, hopefully especially concerning the debilitating ankle injury.

Scott Selwood 2012 is exactly what our midfield is missing. That tough mid who would block , tackle and could accumulate if needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back