List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Francis Watson

Remove this Banner Ad

Love this guy. Have been keeping a close on eye on him for a while and he will make it.

The way he spoke after the game, articulate yet passionate and humble all at the same time.

And his footy is a reflection on this, plays with a graceful mix of structured professionalism and x-factor. He will be a bit inconsistent this coming year, but make no mistake, he will be a mainstay in the best 22 for many years.

I’m seeing heaps of people say that his game was solid. Gtfo of here. Thought his game was sublime. He was sublime and played a complete game by a defender. Thought a couple of his kicks was downplayed by the commentators.

I watched his JLT game and was very impressed. Ran well, positioned well and tackled like a demented Yeo. Was gutted for the guy when injury delayed things again.

He has been putting in solid effort after solid effort in the WAFL and it was a deserved debut. Unfortunate for him that he was trying to get into a team with Shep, Jetta, Cole, Nelson, Rotham, Duggan etc. all in the mix depending on structure.

It showed an impressive level of maturity to come in at the last moment and put in a bloody good game. Short term he may be in and out of the team a bit, but I hope he holds his head up and becomes more and more a regular. I see him long term as replacing Jetta as he gets older. (And on that, I'm a big fan of Jetta. Had a slowish start to his WC time, but has become better and better down back. Most impressive has been his maturity and his work with the indigenous kids.)

Really liked the look of him. Looks to take the game on, can hold is own defensively and didn't seem overawed with the occasion. Still a slight concern for me is his kicking style but it definitely seems to have improved since his first JLT game a few years back. Just leans back so much

I think once Duggan is back we can easily fit him into the team.

A backline of:

Hurn Barrass Shep
Duggan Gov Jetta

Bench: Watson.

Depth: Cole, Nelson and Rotham.

Duggan as the lock down? Hmm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats his tank like? Looks to have the skill set that would go well on a wing with a bit of experience learning positioning and running patterns. Has height and marking power, speed and agility and a great tackler. If his kicking is a pass mark and he can run 15km+ a game then it may be his calling.

I’m seeing heaps of people say that his game was solid. Gtfo of here. Thought his game was sublime. He was sublime and played a complete game by a defender. Thought a couple of his kicks was downplayed by the commentators.
The kick to the leading OAllen was sensational; as was the mark.

Glad he is getting some games and I also see him as a logical Jetta replacement if his disposal keeps improving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back