List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Jarrod Cameron (Pick 39, Academy)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
4 goals in his 3rd game campaigners.

40C7C2FC-9CCB-4CB0-9A31-1C3E083B4B57.jpeg

Was very happy to have picked him up with our last pick , at the time I thought we got value with him at that point in the draft.
But I will put my hand up and admit that I didn’t see him playing this year and thought he would just slowly develop at The Beagles.
So skinny I thought he was a couple of years away from a debut .

He looks like a ripper ..... and he gets bonus points from me for sticking it to the Purple Flogs in the crowd ..... that in itself deserves a Rising Star nomination .

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
Was very happy to have picked him up with our last pick , at the time I thought we got value with him at that point in the draft.
But I will put my hand up and admit that I didn’t see him playing this year and thought he would just slowly develop at The Beagles.

He looks like a ripper ..... and he gets bonus points from me for sticking it to the Purple Flogs in the crowd ..... that in itself deserves a Rising Star nomination .
450C7752-38C0-41E4-BF29-943058B18B18.gif

I’m already more comfortable with Camo taking a set shot than Flyin’.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast

I wasn't 100% certain of him playing but his size wasn't a concern for me. I lived in Adelaide and watched a lot of the Crows when Charlie made his debut and Charlie was maybe a fraction bigger (but also a year older) and he had no issues physically that year. Like Charlie, JC is tough as nails and knows how to bring down much bigger opponents. Thats due to the rubgy back ground.

BeornJ

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I've been enjoying very much what the lad has brought to the side.

Good challenge for him to bounce back after a quiet game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TOA.

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
How do you see Cameron developing now? Hopefully he will be fit again soon and can work his way into the AFL side.

Unfortunately really stagnated recently as he's not been about to get out on the park due to injury. Has the talent but needs a good run at it.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Cameron having a year off footy with personal issues :(
Hope he gets better, and repays the faith to WCE?
Was a ripper around the forward arc and had a mongrel tackle!
So, although he didn't play much/at all? in 2021, I guess you could say that's
the first casualty for the 2022 list? (maybe there was a discussion with the club?)

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Cameron having a year off footy with personal issues :(

Personally I think this is absolute bullshit and pulling the mental health card so he can keep getting paid for another year on the list. He hasn't been committed in his Rehab, fitness and has repeatedly been out and about on the town whilst recovering from injury.

To me whilst having the talent to be a top 15 in a squad player he doesn't have the commitment to make it as an AFL level player and hasn't from the very first second it seemed it wasn't all going to be handed to him on a plate.

He should retire and walk away due to lack of commitment or be there and committed to making a career at AFL level. Basically holding the club to ransom to get an extra years pay whilst walking away is just s**t and leaves us very likely a list spot down. (again)

Personally I think this is absolute bullshit and pulling the mental health card so he can keep getting paid for another year on the list. He hasn't been committed in his Rehab, fitness and has repeatedly been out and about on the town whilst recovering from injury.

To me whilst having the talent to be a top 15 in a squad player he doesn't have the commitment to make it as an AFL level player and hasn't from the very first second it seemed it wasn't all going to be handed to him on a plate.

He should retire and walk away due to lack of commitment or be there and committed to making a career at AFL level. Basically holding the club to ransom to get an extra years pay whilst walking away is just sh*t and leaves us very likely a list spot down. (again)

I haven’t seen it confirmed anywhere that
- he’ll be on our list (senior or rookie) next year:
- he’ll be paid under his contract next year;
- he’s “pulling the mental health card”.

southcoast

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2006
southcoast
AFL Club
West Coast
Jarrod may just be a kid who loved playing football, was good at it, got drafted and then the fun went out of it with AFL required commitments & expectations.

His reported application while injured suggests something like this.

For some getting drafted is an aim.
For others playing a few games is the aim.
Others want to forge a ‘successful’ career.

Back