List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Jarrod Cameron (Pick 39, Academy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Has the advantage of having spent a fair bit of time at the club already and knows the players pretty well

Rioli, Cameron and Ryan give our forwardline a look we’ve never had before and it’s genuinely exciting
Remember when our small forwards were Pat McGinnity and Ashton Hams?

So exciting, in a couple of years when all three are firing how do opposition teams stop them? No team has 3 small defender's that can match up on these guys. Essendon maybe. All 3 can run through the mid too.

We're gonna have a scary forward line over the next 10 years...

Brander, Allen, Rioli, Ryan, Cameron, Waterman, Petch, Venables, Bailey... Try stop that!

Lot of natural talent there!

Like someone mentioned before - Cameron could play of HB. Rioli in the midfield and I thought that Ryan actually did his best work up the ground too (incrediblt underrated - more than just a big marker IMO)

We have a lot of flexibility in our forward line moving forward. No one is just a pure forward which is great. Simmo's model.

All we really need is high-end midfield talent and we've got a incredibly balanced list.

So what pick did we end up using on jarrod? Was it like 60 & 70 added together or something?

DspwP58UcAA7hB7.jpg

Pick 39 (Swan Districts)

The brother of Brisbane star Charlie is a clever and creative small forward who has pace and is dynamic around goal. His five goals for Western Australia in this year’s NAB AFL Under-18 Championships against Victoria Country highlighted his potential. Eligible to go to West Coast under the Next Generation Academy rules. The 18-year-old had some encouraging games at WAFL reserves level and cracked through for a league debut. He was also one of Swan Districts’ best in their heart-breaking colts grand final loss to Subiaco.

Cool - instead of commentary now we get screaming music.

Shits me - some of the players you dont recognise and it takes till half way through the vid to figure out wtf it is

Which if you had commentary wouldnt be a problem.

So what pick did we end up using on jarrod? Was it like 60 & 70 added together or something?
Gave up pick 55 and loose change that was irrelevant as we didn’t use any later picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool - instead of commentary now we get screaming music.

Shits me - some of the players you dont recognise and it takes till half way through the vid to figure out wtf it is

Which if you had commentary wouldnt be a problem.
All the basic highlights videos provided by the AFL site for the Draft Machine (like this one) been set to music for quite a few seasons.
The highlights videos on youtube like giantroo's ones are the ones with no music.

This is the pick I'm actually most excited about. I feel of our haul, he has the best chance of a debut (along with Williams maybe).

O'Niell/Foley have to compete with our premiership mids. Foley has a chance if Masto doesn't perform but hes come off his best year, he also got slected rnd 1 this year with barely a pre-season match.

Williams I can't see being picked over Vardy/Thiccy less there's an injury.

I highly rate Charlie Cameron and if Jarrod is anything close I'll be happy. I think O.Allen will play in Leccas spot rnd 1 but if say Kennedy gets an injury, can see us moving him to FF and playing Cameron (Waterman would be stiff). Cripps/Rioli/Ryan/Cameron but <3

Cameron-Rioli-Ryan in the forward line. All with X Factor. XXX. Fap Worthy. Illuminati.

I don’t think he is anywhere near a debut personally, looks very raw and needs to be given time.

Will be a gun though.
I didn't think Petrol was close either but he got a few games last year.

Will play more AFL than WAFL next year. Purely Based on the fact he’s a ready to go pressure forward, that’s been training with us and knows the structures.

Our forward line will be so dynamic. It’s hard to believe we played 10+ years without genuine forward pockets and now we have three. It never made sense why we didn’t have proper crumbers at the feet of JK, JD and either Naitanui or Cox.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back