List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Liam Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

I had reservations predraft about his ability to succeed at AFL level and was surprised we used 26 for him.

That said I'm pleased we have him on our list as together with Rioli we have a couple of players with the potential to become a genuinely exciting forward line combination the likes of which we've rarely, if ever, seen at west coast
Your thoughts on Petruccelle? (Yeah, I know its the Ryan thread)
But I can fap to both....

Looks a difficult prospect to match up on. You go small for agility and pace but he has reach and leap so provides a headache for opposition should he adapt to the highest level.

A few times you could see opponents try to play him from in front to stop his lead and he just sits on their head and takes a speccy, will be fun to watch at the very least.

And he kicked 73 goals in his FIRST year in the WAFL. That is pretty astounding work. Can you imagine him in 5 years time after he gets his tank and strength right? Not only that, we drafted the 2 best KPF's in the country under 18. Our forward line is set for the next decade. Now we can jump in with mid's in the supposed deep draft next year.

And he kicked 73 goals in his FIRST year in the WAFL. That is pretty astounding work. Can you imagine him in 5 years time after he gets his tank and strength right? Not only that, we drafted the 2 best KPF's in the country under 18. Our forward line is set for the next decade. Now we can jump in with mid's in the supposed deep draft next year.
Who else were Subi kicking to though? I'm just curious as to how he goes if he's not the #1 target (although it would be pretty confusing to opposition teams if we start using JK as a decoy and kick to Ryan)

And he kicked 73 goals in his Second year in the WAFL. That is pretty astounding work. Can you imagine him in 5 years time after he gets his tank and strength right? Not only that, we drafted the 2 best KPF's in the country under 18. Our forward line is set for the next decade. Now we can jump in with mid's in the supposed deep draft next year.
EFA

but i get your point.

Surely none of the people who're critical of West Coast not picking Kelly at 21? Even though the vast majority consensus was that would've been a huge reach too?
Yeah. I could see another thread coming like the one on SPP this year...: "tears over Liam Ryan, what could have been..."

Second year in the wafl. But was a great second year and brings excitement to our forward line which hopefully he and Rioli will bring

How could Petruccelle get so far down the draft.Classy.Dont know why people keep putting Ryan Rioli etc in a potential side next to Cripps.Hes toast!

Could push Cripps to another level, or he will be gawn pretty quickly

Ryandardz looking deadly boi

23926404_10155409550657224_1286061486962383081_o.jpg

If our midfield gets spanked all our structures will go to s**t and Ryan will find himself chasing play 150m from goals playing a role that doesn't suit. Likewise Rioli. Have to find a way to revive our old press and if we do look out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at his highlight package there is a bit of Daniel Kerr about the way he moves around the ground and his disposal.I reckon he could do a stint in the midfield aka Cyril.

if one of our reserve players was kicking those goals week in week out for EP in 2017 he would have played 11-16 games for the Eagles last year. Walk up start as far as I'm concerned. He can work on his defensive aspect in the AFL. It's not as though LeCras is defensively minded nor would LeCras have kicked 76 goals in the WAFL last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back