List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Liam Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

Has become my favourite Eagle this season. What a player he is becoming.

Pace of development is impressive, becoming a versatile player. Easy to forget he’s just 22.

Still needs to clean up his set shot routine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only disappointing thing for me was his flopping late in the game VS the Hawks to try and win a free kick

Will go down the path of a Walters of not being rewarded for free kicks if he over acts like that.
Walters does get rewarded tho

Walters does get rewarded tho

Not really, his over acting has cost him a few.
E.g. just before the Switowski goal yesterday he over acted to win a free kick and the ump called him out on it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't mind a gif of that ump laughing at Walters and telling him to get up

I think it might have been Margetts who did that?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a new rumour on the Freo board:
In a dimly lit room while wearing a Freo jumper, say "Dean Margetts" three times into a mirror and he will appear and pay a free kick against you

Pace of development is impressive, becoming a versatile player. Easy to forget he’s just 22.

Still needs to clean up his set shot routine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've long been under the impression that Vic Metro/Country kids are waaaay overrated.

Confirmed again by Twomey naming his top 5 today and best big man, all from Metro/Country.

Yet so many sleeper hits have been coming from WA. Just look at Stack, Ryan and Kelly. In fact, the two best players from the end/start of season draft period so far are both WA boys (Stack and Clarke). Likewise, the northern academy picks are still not being priced accurately. It seems there is a drift to teens to 20's bids, but many are playing like top 5 talents. Anyway, Ryan is an absolute gun.

His hard work around the ground has impressed me more than kicking goals. I think Cripps hard work has really rubbed of onto him because late in games he down back helping out which is great to see.

When you regularly see him taking d50 goal saving marks - you know his workrate is through the roof.

I didn't think he'd have it in his game - but his pressure is top drawer.

And having that running capacity gives us more ability to carry NN's poor tank

In the 2018 Grand Final, there was a moment Liam Ryan would’ve liked to have over again where he didn’t bodyline the ball and dropped a mark. You can’t have that being your legacy. When it was his turn to put his body on the line, in the biggest game of his life to that point, he didn’t do it. Things like that can haunt you, unless you make good on them.
Today, Liam Ryan created a memory that may end up defining him more than his big mark with a foot in the face of Max Gawn, or his role in the passage that led to Dom Sheed slotting a goal (but probably not).
Today, when Liam Ryan ran back with the flight of the ball, launched into the air with the pack coming the other way, he dispelled any doubts anyone had lingering around his courage. His eyes never left the ball. His steps were not short. His leap was with purpose, and the mark… well, it won’t win mark of the year, but it probably should.
For all the flying Liam Ryan does, this is the mark I will remember him for. Strong, committed and courageous – it was a beauty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back