List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Mitch (Star Wars) O'Neill

Remove this Banner Ad

Allegedly its the next big thing. Star Wars for adults.

Im a massive fan. Read all the books. The movie was made ahead of its time. Far too complicated to squeeze into a single movie. The remake will be multiple chapters and the first one only makes it half way of the original movie .

Frank Herbert was a seriously good writer. Deep. Very deep.
It's a very "adult" style sci-fi. I probably got into the Dune series after my third go - the old man had a small library of sci-fi and fantasy so I read a bit quite young and Dune was honestly pretty tough going.

I quite liked Stephen Donaldsons' "Gap Series" not bad for a pretty well fleshed out sci-fi universe that isn't too arduous to explore.

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
So much for the Tassie connection
O’Neill grew up in Melbourne and played for Oakley Chargers like Luke Shuey
He came over very well in his interview and I have no doubt that he understand s the game and will excell in a structured AFL system.
Said he was stoked to be drafted by WC and can’t wait to get started.
Well so much for all the negativity

Last edited:

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
He came over very well in his interview and I have no doubt that he understand s the game and will excell in a structured ALF system.

Please, tempering ones expectations is not negativity.

Its tempering. Totally different.

Negativity would be saying he's a rookie picked with our last pick therefore he is likely a dud. I dont recall anyone saying that.

Thank you for your time.

Now. Back the the Dune remake. Some pretty decent actors signed up. Filming is done, now just editing and of course heaps of special effects to work on.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Hearing rumours that Oakleigh has sent in an application for an AFL license.

I feel Oakleigh should temper their expectations.

The Tasmanians though just submitted their funding requirements to the state government and once approved they will be formally applying for the AFL licence next year.

Quite a bit happening in Tassie progressing towards this so called fanciful future.

LittleGreekGod

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Please, tempering ones expectations is not negativity.

Its tempering. Totally different.

Negativity would be saying he's a rookie picked with our last pick therefore he is likely a dud. I dont recall anyone saying that.

Thank you for your time.

Now. Back the the Dune remake. Some pretty decent actors signed up. Filming is done, now just editing and of course heaps of special effects to work on.
Afraid no temper from me.
just plain old excitement.

Wild Kelly

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
He came over very well in his interview and I have no doubt that he understand s the game and will excell in a structured ALF system.
A fellow member of AAD* I see!

*Australian Dyslexic Association

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I've heard that out west, Dicks FC have been gaining traction.

Yep. I've heard they are smashing their historic membership numbers. Not quite as high as Richmond but they are right up there.

Are you a member already or just considering joining?

I can provide you with a reference of you need one. ;) :cool: :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

garlic munchers

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2006
Downbeat Optimist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardinals
Well after reading the reviews I did temper my expectations quite a bit. Took the kids and extended family along and was pleasantly surprised that it was better than the negative reviewers veiws. Not bad, not bad at all really. :think: :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Bodes well for Mitch IMO.

Now the Dune remake coming out in 2020. The lid is off there. I cannot wait for that.

Making movies out of the awesome Dune books is like .. well Chris Mayne making children with Kiara Bowers.

Nothing good can come from it.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Making movies out of the awesome Dune books is like .. well Chris Mayne making children with Kiara Bowers.

Nothing good can come from it.

I an really trying to temper my expectations on the Dune not remake. I actually used Frank Herbert's book as my English thesis in year 12. An hour ago bought Mentats of Dune which is a prequel novel.

The book series has a lot of great material. Can they successfully put it on the big screen we will soon find out.

Chris Mayne would make a good Harkonan though. :thumbsu: ;):cool:

Double the Fist

i wull eet yur fayce karnt
Dec 16, 2008
On the edge....
AFL Club
West Coast
Well after reading the reviews I did temper my expectations quite a bit. Took the kids and extended family along and was pleasantly surprised that it was better than the negative reviewers veiws. Not bad, not bad at all really. :think: :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Bodes well for Mitch IMO.

Now the Dune remake coming out in 2020. The lid is off there. I cannot wait for that.
Dune 1987 is by far my fav movie EVER
Just awesomeness.
Not super excited by the new ones though.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Dune 1987 is by far my fav movie EVER
Just awesomeness.
Not super excited by the new ones though.

I went and watched The King on Netflix last week. The young boy king actor is playing Paul Atraides, he looks promising.

The original is one of my faves as well. They did try and jam too big a story into just one movie though. This time they have the time and budget to do the story justice.

You read the books?

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
I'm not really interested or happy with that news TBH.

Wonder how our girls will fare in their first season.

As a start-up club with no superstar recruit it looks like a learning year with travel and the like , they’ve had a great preseason build up though ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back