List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Mitch (Star Wars) O'Neill

Remove this Banner Ad

This bloke is a pure footballer, barring injury would have gone much higher in the draft. Outstanding work by the WC recruitment team.
About time we had a good pisstank in the team. I recall McGovern getting in a bit of strife for pouring his own beers over the bar in Lancelin, he turned out OK. Come to think of it I might crack the head off one right now.
Carn Mitch!

This bloke is a pure footballer, barring injury would have gone much higher in the draft. Outstanding work by the WC recruitment team.
About time we had a good pisstank in the team. I recall McGovern getting in a bit of strife for pouring his own beers over the bar in Lancelin, he turned out OK. Come to think of it I might crack the head off one right now.
Carn Mitch!

Haha I swear on this board I read Gov got caught stealing a few kegs from the pub in Albany while smashed.

I can’t see Tassy ever measuring up as a viable AFL franchise.
The market is just not big enough.
Their competition isn’t strong like SA or WA
I liken it more to having an AFL team at Ballarat.
I know there is a lot of noise made by the Tasmanian state govt but in all honesty I can’t see the AFL wanting to grow in that market.

Also there is no additional earnings for afl by having 19 teams. Still only 9 games per week but monies now have to be split over 19 teams.

Only way is to have a new franchise in Perth to primarily somehow try and distract from the failed Fremantle experiment.

Perth Ghostbats - come on down.

Haha I swear on this board I read Gov got caught stealing a few kegs from the pub in Albany while smashed.

Haha geez that's going back a bit

Was that posted by a Pav for AA alias?

Carn Mitch!
I say it's unAustralian to not try and poor your own frothies at least once in a pub

Also there is no additional earnings for afl by having 19 teams. Still only 9 games per week but monies now have to be split over 19 teams.

Only way is to have a new franchise in Perth to primarily somehow try and distract from the failed Fremantle experiment.

Perth Ghostbats - come on down.
Might jump ship. Ghostbats are awesome. And the lols at beating Flemantle to a premiership.

Might jump ship. Ghostbats are awesome. And the lols at beating Flemantle to a premiership.

Boy aren’t they all now into Aflw given they might win a premiership. Of course you can’t say anything as then you are sexist and all that.

They don’t realise it will still be zero afl premierships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

img_0298-jpg.786758
Mitch O'Neill as played by Chayce Jones?

Hey I have had a good search and can’t find much info about his injury and recorvery? I have him in a keeer league but liked the sound of him as a player so there is genuine interest in how he is developing.

Thanks

Hey I have had a good search and can’t find much info about his injury and recorvery? I have him in a keeer league but liked the sound of him as a player so there is genuine interest in how he is developing.

Thanks

He is the lone Eagle to not have travelled to the GC and is instead staying home in Tassie whilst rehabbing a lower back injury. Won’t feature this year you’d have to say.

We're gunning for top 4 like John Howard was gunning for a fast yorker on middle stump

2015, drafted after a Grand Final, believed we were gunning for top four.
2016, narrowly missed top four and recruited mature top ups to try seal that. Drafted accordingly.
2017, drafted a bunch of kids with the idea that we were resetting, took best players available to try and find our next core.
2018, drafted after a Premiership, believed we were gunning for top four.
2019, went all in on Kelly. Drafted with what we had as though we were going for top four.

Not saying there isn’t talent available later in drafts, but how many ready made mids are available to sides that finish anywhere from sixth to first, and believe they are loading back up for another tilt the following year?

Last time we had a remotely top end pick we took Duggan, and I certainly can’t see too many guys taken after him I’d prefer (and almost none of whom are mids).

2015, drafted after a Grand Final, believed we were gunning for top four.
2016, narrowly missed top four and recruited mature top ups to try seal that. Drafted accordingly.
2017, drafted a bunch of kids with the idea that we were resetting, took best players available to try and find our next core.
2018, drafted after a Premiership, believed we were gunning for top four.
2019, went all in on Kelly. Drafted with what we had as though we were going for top four.

Not saying there isn’t talent available later in drafts, but how many ready made mids are available to sides that finish anywhere from sixth to first, and believe they are loading back up for another tilt the following year?

Last time we had a remotely top end pick we took Duggan, and I certainly can’t see too many guys taken after him I’d prefer (and almost none of whom are mids).
Not disagreeing with a single thing there.
My "point" (my shitpost) was just an observation that our current trajectory is significantly off-target from that top 4 spot we were (quite justifiably) aiming at.

Last I heard on him, once our players returned to Perth he would too from Tassie. From memory to start building up again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back