• Yes - Allen would've lasted to 26

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • No - Allen was too good to pass up

Votes: 122 84.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Allen looks a heck of a lot better than this bloke pre draft:

All depends how he fills out I guess

Man brutal highlights. If our draft team drafted a player and all we had was this footage, this board would be baying for blood.

with west coasts track record for developing talent, oscars up for a very long career in the reserves. very poor pick

The irony coming from a Fremantle supporter.

Peel hat trick 2018!

Man brutal highlights. If our draft team drafted a player and all we had was this footage, this board would be baying for blood.

Ha, jesus he looked awful in that vid, shows the futility of a 3 min highlight video I guess.

As much as he's filled out though, his kicking has always been terrible.

Pretty confident Allen will develop into a very good AFL player. I have very strong hopes of him becoming a mid personally, seems to have that bit of extra time that good mids seem to have...and imagine trying to pin those long arms in a tackle.

Allen looks a heck of a lot better than this bloke pre draft:

All depends how he fills out I guess

Why did the editor spend 45 minutes showing Fyfe missing goals?

Hi guys. Sorry for intrusion.
I was just wondering are you surprised that the WCE took 2 talls with their first 2 picks in the draft?
I thought your tall stocks are good and that you needed more onballers.
Nah, just went best available, which is fair enough early. Glad in hindsight they didn’t see the need to reach for a need.

Nah, just went best available, which is fair enough early. Glad in hindsight they didn’t see the need to reach for a need.
I understand the argument to go best available but I see your onball department as very ordinary. I'm not being a smart arse, just think you had a real need in that area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand the argument to go best available but I see your onball department as very ordinary. I'm not being a smart arse, just think you had a real need in that area.
If the A graders aren’t there, why bother?

Ainsworth and Brayshaw add depth in the area and we’ll take better prospects when we have the chance.

I was just wondering are you surprised that the WCE took 2 talls with their first 2 picks in the draft?
It did anger a lot of us draft day. However since then we've come to realize a few things:
-It is likely that they will try develop Allen as a mid.
-The club probably wants to give some mids who havnt really been given a proper chance at their preferred position a go (sheed, redden)
-plenty of young blokes who get their chance to step up and possibly play midfield (Nelson, cole, partington, Duggan probably more kids I could put here),
-we've effectively lost 2 mids from last season and are gaining venables, ah Chee, Ainsworth, brayshaw (not the same quality but much faster)
-west coast probably values KPPs more than other team?
-who knows we might have a free agent lined up come 2019 (Sloan? Unlikely I know)
-I find it more amazing that teams like collingwood and freo don't draft quality KPPs

I'm stoked Allen was available at 21. Clean hands and marks at full stretch, high agility, big leap, endurance and ticks every other box as well (including the all important garlic muncher box). No point picking up a less talented player at pick 21 who's rated highly by the Vic media (Constable, Worpel etc) just because he's played through the middle in the TAC. He'll be in the mix for a spot in 2019.

I also was, would have taken Higgins (as per Suma Magic).

One thing people are forgetting though, if, and it's a big if, NicNat can come back well from his knee it will certainly make our midfield look a hell of a lot better than it was in 2017. His taps to advantage change an average midfield into a good one, so adding Venables, Ah Chee and more rotations to Yeo, Sheed, Duggan and others with NicNat rucking, our midfield might look a little better than some people are expecting.

I also was, would have taken Higgins (as per Suma Magic).

One thing people are forgetting though, if, and it's a big if, NicNat can come back well from his knee it will certainly make our midfield look a hell of a lot better than it was in 2017. His taps to advantage change an average midfield into a good one, so adding Venables, Ah Chee and more rotations to Yeo, Sheed, Duggan and others with NicNat rucking, our midfield might look a little better than some people are expecting.

Olango should get the gig round 1. He’s athletic and actually played footyball last year. Naitanui through the reserves for mine

You can see why Fyfe knuckled down in the gym. That was like a three minute video of a dweeb getting sand kicked in his face.

It's actually really impressive to see where Fyfe has come to from that level of play.

Grouch only needs half the roid abuse Nathan did.

Will be funny in 5 years when the kids in his prime and Kelly is finishing up.

Back