• No - Allen was too good to pass up

Votes: 122 84.7%

• Total voters

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Looks like he played a lot of his junior career as an inside mid, presumably unlike Darling, so at least he has some natural idea about how to play that role.

Will be heavily scrutinised this bloke.
Well I think we can rule out any undue scrutiny. Hasn’t put a foot wrong so far.

Watching a replay of the GWS game, I noticed two things that pleased me in the passage of play leading up to his first goal.

First he competes against Keeffe in a stoppage around the WC attacking 50 metre line, which allows Vardy to hang back in the middle of the ground with McGovern.

Keeffe wins the tap (partly to advantage) but Oscar follows up and attempts to smother the rover, who hurries a long kick forward.

Vardy takes the contested mark as they’ve outnumbered and out sized GWS, which he then bangs back into the attacking 50 where the stoppage was. Oscar is still stationed there, takes a great contested grab, and nails the goal

Second, while the score review is being done, he starts instructing a bunch of other players (who are still celebrating) where to position themselves in case his goal is overturned. Good maturity for a 4th gamer.

I thought we messed up a bit by taking Oscar given we already what I thought were similar players. I’m a bloody idiot

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast

HurleyHepsHird

Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
3.07 isnt elite - sam mitchell was a c#%^ hair quicker than that
3.07 is pretty quick for a KPF, plus recorded times have gone down since they started using the new floating floorboard setup and measuring equipment.

Just look at Petch's best recorded time, taken during his stint as a basketballer v his Draft Camp time.

HurleyHepsHird

Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
Likened him to Jack Riewoldt recently but i think he's more of a Jack Gunston. Love his ability to play down back as well but what i love is that he oozes class where ever he plays. I still have hopes of him going into the middle.
If I was to pick a player, it would be a shorter Jared Roughead. Athletic utility with great footy brain, can play smaller than his height due to agility and taller due to great vertical leap and strong hands.

DRK_13

Senior List
Jul 15, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Been our best tall forward so far this season. Reliable kick, strong hands, flies high for marks. Future star

MaxHunt

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Charlton FC
Super young player. Saw him up close side by side Landon who is 190 and he had 3 to 4 cm on him.

Takes the ball at the highest point he can, last night in pack situations you could see his arms up above the rest.

May 14, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
West Coast
And how good is he in the media? Was super impressed with his performance in the post-game interview in the room by the two dolts from Ch7.

Maybe it's because he is new and hasn't had to answer the same question a 100 times, but he just comes across as someone so humble. You could feel his excitement and disbelief at just having played at the 'G for the first time and to get the win.

Was effusive in his praise for the quality of talls (offensive and defensive) that he is learning so much from.

No stammering and stuttering. Can string a full sentence together without too many cliches and gives a bit of insight.

Also...I just love his goal celebrations. Nothing over the top, but that grin and a bit of a fist pump says so much.

Sent from my CPH1707 using Tapatalk

End Game

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
And how good is he in the media? Was super impressed with his performance in the post-game interview in the room by the two dolts from Ch7.

Maybe it's because he is new and hasn't had to answer the same question a 100 times, but he just comes across as someone so humble. You could feel his excitement and disbelief at just having played at the 'G for the first time and to get the win.

Was effusive in his praise for the quality of talls (offensive and defensive) that he is learning so much from.

No stammering and stuttering. Can string a full sentence together without too many cliches and gives a bit of insight.

Also...I just love his goal celebrations. Nothing over the top, but that grin and a bit of a fist pump says so much.

Sent from my CPH1707 using Tapatalk
Future captain ;)

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
This season and last season has been awesome seeing the kids come in and have an impact already. Win a flag, ok Petch, Oscar, Rotham you're in now. You too Josh Smith.

Back