Votes: 122 84.7%

• Total voters

Turboman1994

Club Legend
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 24, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
A while off yet and probably a big call but has the potential to be better than darling his contested marking is a thing of beauty

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
Oscar will be a star. Can’t recall being so bullish about a prospect before, but this guy seems to have it all. It was a shame we couldn’t get Kelly in last years draft, but I don’t think we’ll regret taking this guy at all.
Agree but you can't have them all! Had Kelly still been available at our 3rd pick then I'm sure the Club would have snaffled him up no matter how much Geelong supporters like to say we didn't value him so we can now suck eggs🙄!
Think Allen is a beauty and I just love those hands.

And how good is he in the media? Was super impressed with his performance in the post-game interview in the room by the two dolts from Ch7.

Maybe it's because he is new and hasn't had to answer the same question a 100 times, but he just comes across as someone so humble. You could feel his excitement and disbelief at just having played at the 'G for the first time and to get the win.

Was effusive in his praise for the quality of talls (offensive and defensive) that he is learning so much from.

No stammering and stuttering. Can string a full sentence together without too many cliches and gives a bit of insight.

Also...I just love his goal celebrations. Nothing over the top, but that grin and a bit of a fist pump says so much.

Sent from my CPH1707 using Tapatalk

Was head boy at his high school so he’s no dummy.

Was on the backchat podcast last week - he has a healthy dose of self confidence but pleasingly know his place and that respect has to be earned

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure if it was shown on the telly but he was hunched right over on the boundary for a long time in the 4th (?) quarter last night with a trainer by his side.

He maybe was just gassed and was having a vom. Hopefully. Was a bit worried for a while.

Art OF war

Club Legend
May 5, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
3.07 is pretty quick for a KPF, plus recorded times have gone down since they started using the new floating floorboard setup and measuring equipment.

Just look at Petch's best recorded time, taken during his stint as a basketballer v his Draft Camp time.
I'd be extremely interested in these times if you have them.

In n Allen for Rising star at 51-1. Has started really well.

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd be extremely interested in these times if you have them.

In n Allen for Rising star at 51-1. Has started really well.
Petch's best official time was 2.78s, recorded during his time as a basketballer, though he has run faster unofficially.

His AFL combine time was 2.87s.

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
JK 2.0 locked in. Loving the way this kid goes about it.
Love the way he takes the ball cleanly and he seems to have excellent judgement, but I think he's a bit short to be that #1 KPP.
I can see a 2021 forward setup including Brander, Darling and OAllen. Sounds pretty good to me.
I see these guys (and the way WC set up their tall forwards) as the prototype forward line of the now/future. Big guys that on the surface may look like we play too tall, but are all mobile, strong and able to apply forward pressure as well as mark and kick.
And we finally have a few good small forwards, something we haven't had since Phil Matera.

RanaNaved

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Love the way he takes the ball cleanly and he seems to have excellent judgement, but I think he's a bit short to be that #1 KPP.
I can see a 2021 forward setup including Brander, Darling and OAllen. Sounds pretty good to me.
I see these guys (and the way WC set up their tall forwards) as the prototype forward line of the now/future. Big guys that on the surface may look like we play too tall, but are all mobile, strong and able to apply forward pressure as well as mark and kick.
And we finally have a few good small forwards, something we haven't had since Phil Matera.

Pavlich seemed to go alright as number one KPF.

Would still kill it in today's game too.

RanaNaved

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Looks super threatening when there's a high ball. Already has the oppositions respect, see them try and body check him when he runs for a pack mark. Big presence already.

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Petch's best official time was 2.78s, recorded during his time as a basketballer, though he has run faster unofficially.

His AFL combine time was 2.87s.
These times are backed up by the fact that Mark Hutchings is actually faster than Petruccelle at football, but when they play basketball Petruccelle is much faster.

Back