List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Oscar Allen

Should Tim Kelly have been picked here?

• Yes - Allen would've lasted to 26

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • No - Allen was too good to pass up

Votes: 122 84.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

About time he got one! He’d be in the top 3 or 4 for rising stars for the whole season but hasn’t played the big breakout game that gets you noticed.
TBF hard to play a break out game when you have to kinda sacrifice your own game for the benefit of the side. It's quite exceptional how he is having an impact in the ruck being under sized but is also able to go forward and still do his work.

About time he got one! He’d be in the top 3 or 4 for rising stars for the whole season but hasn’t played the big breakout game that gets you noticed.
Rising star is a bit of a flawed award . Teams with poor depth and high picks ofter give their rookies a baptism of fire where as teams that have established squads and develop players with longevity in mind will struggle to get a rising star . It also caters to more physically developed draftees.

Sam walsh should be the RS this year but his ceiling is nowhere near as high as stack , rozee , allen , blakley or king

Rising star is a bit of a flawed award . Teams with poor depth and high picks ofter give their rookies a baptism of fire where as teams that have established squads and develop players with longevity in mind will struggle to get a rising star . It also caters to more physically developed draftees.

Sam walsh should be the RS this year but his ceiling is nowhere near as high as stack , rozee , allen , blakley or king

Agree 100%. Down the track, I think Rozee will be the pick of them.

Agree that RS is flawed but Walsh is going to be an incredible player. He has no obvious physical advantages other than a good tank. He’s just super bloody classy mid.

All of the players you listed will be stars too.

I think a lot of People underestimate how hard it is for a 19 year old to come in an start averaging 26 touches (9 contested) and 5 marks in their first year. Walsh's production will improve and so will his impact and footy iq. He's just gonna get better and better in the next couple years.

Yeah nah. He is an out an out champion and barring any major injury concerns, will likely be the best player in the game in another 3-5 years. He hasnt got as far to go to reach that ceiling as the others maybe, but make no mistake that ceiling is a bloody long way up.

Similar size to Jarryd Roughead .
Tracking better I reckon .
Roughead was flying in their 3 peat years ..
Only need Brander to track similar to Buddy Franklin now .
I see more similarity to a Jack Reiwoldt. Has the athleticism, body size and reach of Jack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roughead, Jack Riewoldt, Nick Riewoldt.....some damn good players people are comparing him with.

I wish Brander had his killer mentality.
I think O.Allen is an exception, in that kids struggle to cope when thrown all over the park. O.Allen has been able to do his job at both ends and in the ruck.

Not convinced I agree with you that Walsh won't be the best of that bunch, but Allen will be the guy we'll be able to build our team around for the next 10 years. And that makes him priceless to us.

Back