Toast Welcome to West Coast pick 31 - Malcolm Karpany

Remove this Banner Ad

Garlett has zero defensive game. He rarely chases and when he does, he gives up far too easily - it's only half hearted. Garlett needs massive improvement to be successful at AFL level.
He did lay 5 tackles, or pressure acts, in one game. A set of recruiters had set him a target of 6 and talked to him after a game about it. I happened to be sitting behind his family to hear the conversation. He also dropped deep into defence in the final few games to help out. Saw him there a few times against WP.
I do agree with your point, that he needs to lift his defensive side, but with Clarkson I don't see it being much of an issue. Otherwise, as you say, he won't succeed at the AFL level.

How you can make out that he is homesick from that press conference is bewildering. Patrick Jane might be able to, but us...... ;)

Carpany and Licett

Both from rural SA

Both pests

Maybe Dayles parents were out of town and he couldn't get to his meetings on time either? Please, its a cop out! If someone is stated as having trouble meeting their commitments I would see that as having a questionable character. Never the less we have Magicarp and not Garlett so heres hoping he has a long and illustrious career with the Eagles! ( And hopefully mum and dad have moved down to perth with him... Just in case he needs to get to meetings and or commitments )
You reckon a 16 year old missing footy training at school is a sign of questionable character?

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2323/

Livewire Woodville-West Torrens forward Malcolm Karpany is looming as South Australia’s X-factor in this year’s AFL Draft.

A member of the victorious McDonald’s SA Under-18 team, Karpany’s form got stronger as the year unfolded after being hampered by niggly injuries earlier in the season.

But the classy left-footer displayed exactly what he is capable of when he collected 29 disposals, nine marks, seven inside 50s and two goals to win the Alan Stewart Medal as best afield in the Macca’s Cup Grand Final.

‘’He probably struggled through the back half of the season purely on the lack of work he had done during the pre-season,’’ SANFL High Performance Manager Brenton Phillips said.

‘’He had some groin issues earlier in the season and hip issues which curtailed a little bit of his fitness component.

‘’But he’s got some real X-factor, has got a nice feel for the game and in traffic, he is as good as I have seen.

He sounds like the exact sort of player we have none of, and havent had in a very long time.
We did have Kerr playing for us this year. If he even approaches Kerr's abilities in traffic I'll be stoked.

We did have Kerr playing for us this year. If he even approaches Kerr's abilities in traffic I'll be stoked.

Kerr had the ability but the fact he constantly had somebody sitting on him combined with his injuries meant he couldnt really do what he did best. I also think Karpany is a different sort of player because he will provide outside dash as opposed to Kerr's inside dash. Sadly Kerr hasnt really been providing any outside run since playing with Judd and Cousins.

Yeah when he did his hammy a few years back he really did lose all his speed on the outside. In 09 he played a few blinders where he showcased his speed ( Port at home). But it was his inside work that was a beauty to watch and i loved how such a small bloke could absorb a lot of damage in a pack and always shoot an excellent handball out to a mad in space.

and now that I have used my pick 44 in the sponsorship draft, I can add my welcome to Magikarp Malcolm Karpany - and assure him that he will get regular support from his official sponsor for 2014.

I'm certain this will get him a few games this season and then it's all up to you Magikarp! Turn it on, snap some goals and let your performance demand that you get picked each week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and now that I have used my pick 44 in the sponsorship draft, I can add my welcome to Magikarp Malcolm Karpany - and assure him that he will get regular support from his official sponsor for 2014.

I'm certain this will get him a few games this season and then it's all up to you Magikarp! Turn it on, snap some goals and let your performance demand that you get picked each week.

Let's hope he makes it to lvl. 20, then we have a real monster on our hands :thumbsu:

Yeah when he did his hammy a few years back he really did lose all his speed on the outside. In 09 he played a few blinders where he showcased his speed ( Port at home). But it was his inside work that was a beauty to watch and i loved how such a small bloke could absorb a lot of damage in a pack and always shoot an excellent handball out to a mad in space.

Nobody is better then Wayne, he was my favourite player ever.

images

How you can make out that he is homesick from that press conference is bewildering. Patrick Jane might be able to, but us...... ;)

He looked nervous throughout the entire interview and was asked about leaving home. He mentioned a few tears from his aunts at the airport.

This obviously = homesick and we made a mistake.:cool:

Well it does to all the chicken little's on here anyway.:confused:

What do people expect for a young bloke in his first interview being bombarded by questions from half a dozen journalists?

We have a very good record of retaining SA players and Ebert had a long history with Port and wasn't being played where he wanted and should have been played. Hopefully we've learned from that little stuff up.

Looks like a good Sub option next year as he can play in all parts of the ground if needed. The type of player who could come on in a quarter and kick a couple and set up a couple of goals with good skills, pace and decision making.:thumbsu:

I'm not saying he's not a good player but his skill set doesn't really add benefit to what we already have. We need pacier, more dynamic players even if their overall output is less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back