CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Great prospect and potentially the boarman we've been hearing about.

Footy Prophet Profile:
ABOUT
Originally from Roleystone (about 40km from Fremantle), Ryan Burrows is one of the late developers to elite football, especially considering he only made the move to South Fremantle this season.

After missing the first nine weeks of the season, Burrows made his debut for the Bulldogs’ Colts team in round 10 against East Perth, and held his own with 12 possessions, four marks, three tackles, two inside 50s and a goal. Four weeks later, he produced a breakout game against Perth when he accumulated 20 possessions, recorded six inside 50s, grabbed five marks and booted four goals in a dazzling display.

Throughout the remainder of the season, he produced notable outings against Swan Districts (28 possessions, seven marks, and six inside 50s), East Perth (21 possessions, three inside 50s, two marks and two tackles), West Perth (15 possessions, eight inside 50s, six marks and a goal), East Fremantle (16 possessions, five marks and two goals) and Claremont (18 possessions, seven inside 50s, three marks and three tackles, to catch the eyes of recruiters and win an invitation to the State Combine, which requires a nomination from at least two AFL clubs.

STRENGTHS
Stationed primarily as a high half-forward, Burrows provides speed, skills, and smarts, traits that make him a threat in the front half. He uses his smarts to find space to accumulate possession, before using his speed to break the game open. He also boasts an elite kick, whether he’s kicking for goal or finding a team-mate closer to goal.

With a strong pre-season behind him, he could also transition into the midfield, becoming a bonafide star. He’d be able to win the ball in congestion, and burst from the pack to kick long-range goals.

TALENT MANAGER’S PERSPECTIVE
“Ryan came to the program late so he missed all of the pre-season and the first or nine weeks. When he got in he played a high half-forward role and is an elite left foot kick and an intelligent player. Played Colts for us and when he got into the team he didn’t miss a game. On the back of that [he] got invited to the state combine and tested well. He knows how to find space to find the ball.” – South Fremantle Talent Manager, Jason Pedulla

THE WRAP
Ryan Burrows is looming to be a steal in this year’s AFL Draft class, whether it be as a late selection or as a rookie selection.

In the first few seasons, he would play as a high half-forward and would cause opposition teams headaches with his smarts, speed and skills. After a few pre-seasons he could transition into the midfield, where he could be a genuine star.

I will put my hand up and admit that I have never seen him play , but that critique sound promising and I like the mention of speed and smarts.

Another good use of the rookie list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 440819 I thought it was the Martin Boarman war crime bloke that went into hiding . What is this Boarman thing

Xsess has a friend who claims the Eagles have hidden a prodigious talent in the Pilbara with a massive mullet and a history of suspensions.

I'm guessing this could be the guy.

Boars DO burrow!!!o_O:thumbsu::pigface::pig:

HVI2EwF.jpg

can some explain to me boarman and how he came to me?
Is he some gun south African player?

I will put my hand up and admit that I have never seen him play , but that critique sound promising and I like the mention of speed and smarts.

Another good use of the rookie list.

He reminds me a bit of Nickoski when playing as a forward, booming left foot kick
and can snap a goal from 40 metres out which many players cant do.
Very left sided very quick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back