List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast - (Brownlow Medalist) Sam Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

That's where I disagree, I don't think you can assume anything of a 34 year old player. Father Time is always on the doorstep.

I see what you are saying and, as someone pointed out earlier, we are only giving up pick 88. But I still don't feel great about the trade, in terms of the playing list I cannot see the recruitment of a 34 year old as looking at the future. In terms of your point about coaching, well there are plenty of candidates out there and there is no guarantee that Mitchell, great player as he is, will be better than average at it (e.g. Hird, Buckley, Voss).
You can assume as much from Mitchell as you can from just about any senior player on our list; anyone can be 1 injury from the end. But, with his record you'd be hopeful for a season or two, and at 88 with our list profile... it was a no brainer.

He wasn't recruited to be our head coach either, like the names you've mentioned. It'll be handy having a primary on-field architect of 4 premierships helping Simpson in the future...

So you deal with losses by turning into a depressed teenage girl acting like she just got dumped?
I prefer to go the throw a tantrum like a 3 year old route myself. Shout and scream a bit, throw things around and then sulk for a couple of hours
I'm really happy i live OS after loses, very easy to disconnect from the footy and not get constant "media reminders"!!

Can't wait to see you in the wings.

Pretty sure you have.

350x197px-d8b8b91d_3212-now-kiss.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope he tells them that Hawthorn don't rate them at all and they are recognized nationally as a midfield with a soft underbelly.

Ohh to be a fly on the wall.

EDIT: And that Fyfe is a big sook. Hi Freo lurkers :)
If he has any nous it will be something along the lines of: "Nic has been carrying your midfield for years, now he is gone you will be exposed, but watch and listen to me and you might learn enough to get by until he comes back"

Still not sure there is any perk of living in melbourne. s**t weather + pricktorians everywhere. This is long before we even get on topic with the amount of collingwood/carlton/essendon supporters etc. etc. there are.

Sports capital of Australia plus gets all the best music concerts and artists still wouldn't live there though ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back