List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Tony Olango

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha.

That's lucky. Perth is a bit of a hot spot for Kenyans. In 2006 Perth had more than both Melbourne and Sydney, which you can't say about most other African nations.

Jimmy love the new avatar.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2017-11-27/olango-excited-to-join-eagles

The Kenyan-born ruckman has family in WA and is excited about the opportunity to start his career at West Coast.

“My whole family is in Perth, so it fits really well for me,” Olango said from Darwin.

“I’ll pack tonight and get down there some time tomorrow.

“I wasn’t watching the draft, I was watching a cooking show and then I got a call from a coach from the NT Academy. I didn’t believe it. I’m really excited.”

The 201cm raw athlete has a long way to go, having played football for just three seasons but has a lot of upside.

He had try-outs with big soccer franchise Glasgow Rangers, but chose the Australian game and is one of the great stories of the draft.

Ha.

That's lucky. Perth is a bit of a hot spot for Kenyans. In 2006 Perth had more than both Melbourne and Sydney, which you can't say about most other African nations.
15491.jpg
Nice Av by the way . Bit of clint Eastwood going there . Kenya is on the equator so Perth isnt too hot for them .

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2017-11-27/olango-excited-to-join-eagles

The Kenyan-born ruckman has family in WA and is excited about the opportunity to start his career at West Coast.

“My whole family is in Perth, so it fits really well for me,” Olango said from Darwin.

“I’ll pack tonight and get down there some time tomorrow.

“I wasn’t watching the draft, I was watching a cooking show and then I got a call from a coach from the NT Academy. I didn’t believe it. I’m really excited.”

The 201cm raw athlete has a long way to go, having played football for just three seasons but has a lot of upside.

He had try-outs with big soccer franchise Glasgow Rangers, but chose the Australian game and is one of the great stories of the draft.
His parents are both Sudanese, he was born in Kenya and migrated to Aus when he was 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha.

I dunno, could say we have more Saffa's than Melbourne and Sydney.

Much easier to fly home/have family fly over from Africa when you're in Perth - same reason the Melanesian/Polynesian populations are concentrated in Queensland and NSW.

He's been here since he was 2, I reckon we just call him Australian and not worry about his eligibility for federal parliament.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back