List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Xavier O'Neill (pick 28, 2018 Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
Agree with 2018 (considering we were minus a first rounder) being a decent haul. At the time, it was a matter of order. A haul of Williams, XON and Cameron with a speculative Foley would have been good. My concerns at the time were the mids we overlooked when we prioritised Foley. Can't please everyone all the time.
No point playing foley off a back flank,its wing or bust this year

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Carbine Chaos

Ainsworth #33
Apr 1, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Everton
With Shuey and Yeo out this was his moment to really put his name up in lights. Think he was subpar since coming back into the side and he should be seething at this missed opportunity.

Can easily see him being overtaken by Edwards and Trew if he doesn’t lift.

THE A5

Club Legend
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
With Shuey and Yeo out this was his moment to really put his name up in lights. Think he was subpar since coming back into the side and he should be seething at this missed opportunity.

Can easily see him being overtaken by Edwards and Trew if he doesn’t lift.
this is very unpopular but I don' share the love for Edwards as most on this board do. TBF the sample size is very small and early days etc but I think he has been a tad over hyped.

Bacchus

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2008
Down South
AFL Club
West Coast
this is very unpopular but I don' share the love for Edwards as most on this board do. TBF the sample size is very small and early days etc but I think he has been a tad over hyped.
I didn’t see too much in Edwards against Peel but I don’t want to go too early. But he didn’t make me sit up and think - ‘this kid really has something’. Saw some good signs from Cameron and something from Johnson and Jamieson, and Williams of course. I think Williams is just about ready but Vardy is just keeping him out of the 1st’s.

Carbine Chaos

Ainsworth #33
Apr 1, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Everton
I didn’t see too much in Edwards against Peel but I don’t want to go too early. But he didn’t make me sit up and think - ‘this kid really has something’. Saw some good signs from Cameron and something from Johnson and Jamieson, and Williams of course. I think Williams is just about ready but Vardy is just keeping him out of the 1st’s.
I thought Edwards was okay against Peel but it was his previous couple of performances that had impressed me more.

SloppyJoe

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
He seems to be tiring quickly and struggling to run out quarters/games. Leads to skill errors and an inability to get back the other way after his man.

Round 1 against Gold Coast has been just about his best game. It comes as little surprise given the lack of run/presssure/tackling in that game on all sides.

Remove this Banner Ad