List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Xavier O'Neill (pick 28, 2018 Draft)

30stm

All Australian
Feb 24, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
From a post on Knightmare's 2018 Draft Almanac pg 139.

Thoughts on Xaviar O'Neill Knightmare?

Went much earlier than expected.

Not all that high production, low impact, lacks that distinct point of difference. Not one that stands out. Would have been more appropriate for selection late/rookie

Prove Chris wrong XON in 2019 and beyond - Bookmark ;)

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors

Not all that high production, low impact, lacks that distinct point of difference. Not one that stands out. Would have been more appropriate for selection late/rookie

Sounds like partington

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Had more production at TAC level than RCD, who Knightmare rated 9th best of the pool. Not to say I wouldn't agree Riley is a better prospect and has height as a point of difference, but something to add to the discussion.

Eastwestcoast

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

Probably had less time on ground than any other TAC midfielder this year. Regularly had only 50% game time.

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't know if it's just me, but all these Vic based, so called talent scouts, seem to always get tunnel vision once they have their sights set on where they rate a prospect.
RCD to me went way to high. If he was smaller, with the prodcution that he had, he would have been a late to rookie pick

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast

Pretty sure KM rated Pies draft haul higher than the Blues this year.

I like KM but like a lot of the experts, he's prone to some blunders.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Probably had less time on ground than any other TAC midfielder this year. Regularly had only 50% game time.
I was the one who asked KM the question posted above, when he replied I asked about his on field time because during the TAC Cup grand final there seemed to be long periods of the game where he'd be on the bench. KM replied saying he had not noted any significant lack of on field time. Where are you getting the 50% figure from? Not doubting you (because obviously I've noticed it in the one game I've watching of him) just curious.

Eastwestcoast

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I was the one who asked KM the question posted above, when he replied I asked about his on field time because during the TAC Cup grand final there seemed to be long periods of the game where he'd be on the bench. KM replied saying he had not noted any significant lack of on field time. Where are you getting the 50% figure from? Not doubting you (because obviously I've noticed it in the one game I've watching of him) just curious.

I know someone who knows someone. Chargers had a large on-ball rotation this season and TOG time was not shared/split evenly.

Dale Doback

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Miami Heat
I liked his highlight reel from the TAC. Looked to have a decent step in traffic, seemed calm, reasonably quick. Where have we been playing him in the WAFL?

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
Anybody hear anything on XON? Its almost like hes disappeared off the radar.Normally we give our newbies a stab at the big time fairly early.

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Anybody hear anything on XON? Its almost like hes disappeared off the radar.Normally we give our newbies a stab at the big time fairly early.
He's going to struggle to play AFL atm considering who we have playing in the midfield. His best bet will be good WAFL form to be next in line in case of injury.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL

Good Read on EXXON ..

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
He's going to struggle to play AFL atm considering who we have playing in the midfield. His best bet will be good WAFL form to be next in line in case of injury.

Isn't that the case for every 19 year old drafted to a top four side and recent premiers?

And every team has injuries so that's what 19 year olds look at for opportunities.

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
Good Read on EXXON ..

Thanks ER.Sounds good.Its nice to know that we have these promising types coming through.Brander,OAllen,Rotham,Cameron,EXO etc gives us youthful enthusiasm and the basis of a great team for the future.Our team balance recruiting has been phenomenal

Back