List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Xavier O'Neill (pick 28, 2018 Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with 2018 (considering we were minus a first rounder) being a decent haul. At the time, it was a matter of order. A haul of Williams, XON and Cameron with a speculative Foley would have been good. My concerns at the time were the mids we overlooked when we prioritised Foley. Can't please everyone all the time.
No point playing foley off a back flank,its wing or bust this year

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

With Shuey and Yeo out this was his moment to really put his name up in lights. Think he was subpar since coming back into the side and he should be seething at this missed opportunity.

Can easily see him being overtaken by Edwards and Trew if he doesn’t lift.

With Shuey and Yeo out this was his moment to really put his name up in lights. Think he was subpar since coming back into the side and he should be seething at this missed opportunity.

Can easily see him being overtaken by Edwards and Trew if he doesn’t lift.
this is very unpopular but I don' share the love for Edwards as most on this board do. TBF the sample size is very small and early days etc but I think he has been a tad over hyped.

this is very unpopular but I don' share the love for Edwards as most on this board do. TBF the sample size is very small and early days etc but I think he has been a tad over hyped.
I didn’t see too much in Edwards against Peel but I don’t want to go too early. But he didn’t make me sit up and think - ‘this kid really has something’. Saw some good signs from Cameron and something from Johnson and Jamieson, and Williams of course. I think Williams is just about ready but Vardy is just keeping him out of the 1st’s.

I didn’t see too much in Edwards against Peel but I don’t want to go too early. But he didn’t make me sit up and think - ‘this kid really has something’. Saw some good signs from Cameron and something from Johnson and Jamieson, and Williams of course. I think Williams is just about ready but Vardy is just keeping him out of the 1st’s.
I thought Edwards was okay against Peel but it was his previous couple of performances that had impressed me more.

He seems to be tiring quickly and struggling to run out quarters/games. Leads to skill errors and an inability to get back the other way after his man.

Round 1 against Gold Coast has been just about his best game. It comes as little surprise given the lack of run/presssure/tackling in that game on all sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, Xon did have bit of a breakout year in 22. He has put on size, and is ready for the contest now. It will be
interesting to see how he goes in the coming season.
From that video, I shed a few tears at watching Junior Rioli. He will, sadly, be missed.
Im just annoyed we didnt get anything for him.

We should have taken ports offer and ran with it.

I think after the massive pick swaparama we essentially fave him away as the steak knives.

Im just annoyed we didnt get anything for him.

We should have taken ports offer and ran with it.

I think after the massive pick swaparama we essentially fave him away as the steak knives.
We effectively got Ports F2 for him which is about as good as we were ever going to get

Had he not been included in the mega trade there was a strong possibility Port would have walked him to the PSD and we literally would have received nothing

It wasn’t an ideal trade by any stretch but the club did about as best they could

We effectively got Ports F2 for him which is about as good as we were ever going to get

Had he not been included in the mega trade there was a strong possibility Port would have walked him to the PSD and we literally would have received nothing

It wasn’t an ideal trade by any stretch but the club did about as best they could
First few days of tw we got offered 28 iirc. We pooh hooed it

First few days of tw we got offered 28 iirc. We pooh hooed it
You’re correct but I think it wasn’t a straight swap, Port were after something else going back with Rioli

And even if Port finish a few spots higher in 2023, their F2 is broadly equivalent to 28

We’ll both agree that ideally Port implode and we get a low to mid 20’s pick

You’re correct but I think it wasn’t a straight swap, Port were after something else going back with Rioli

And even if Port finish a few spots higher in 2023, their F2 is broadly equivalent to 28

We’ll both agree that ideally Port implode and we get a low to mid 20’s pick
Id like port to finish so low we get pick 19

Agree, Xon did have bit of a breakout year in 22. He has put on size, and is ready for the contest now. It will be
interesting to see how he goes in the coming season.
From that video, I shed a few tears at watching Junior Rioli. He will, sadly, be missed.

Dont worry too much about Jnr. He will retire in a couple of years to head home and smoke his life away.

His dad was a gun player, like a gun. When I was mid 20's played a pre season scratch match against Waratah's and they were trying to get Snr interested in playing again. He was in his late 20's. I was back pocket he was forward pocket. My mates were ribbing me about how I was about to get towelled up and have 10 kicked on me. He was cooked, no fitness, not much interest in playing. Even I was fitter and could stay with him, even got 3 HTB tackles against him. The mull ended his career.

Not the first time, wasnt the last and Jnr will be next. An unfortunate cycle in remote communities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back