BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Deals officially been done!

West Coast trade pick 54 for Zac Langdon. From memory, I remember him being compared to LeGod in his draft year. Hopefully he can recapture the form he showed in 2018.

E30F1758-E7C0-4F9E-8E61-9797D5E0A896.jpeg

“West Coast has moved quickly to secure Zac Langdon on the opening day of the Trade Period by sending a third-round draft pick to Greater Western Sydney for the speedy goalsneak.

After three years at the Giants, who selected the mature-age recruit via pick 56 in the 2017 draft, Langdon returns to Perth in exchange for selection 54.

Langdon will bolster the Eagles’ small forward stocks, adding tackling pressure, high-end running power and another goalkicking threat to coach Adam Simpson’s squad.

The Claremont product, who turns 25 next Friday, burst onto the AFL scene in 2018 averaging one goal and more than four tackles per game in 21 matches.

He rated elite for tackles inside 50 (1.7) and produced some of his best efforts against quality opposition.

In just his eighth game, Langdon nailed three majors against 2017 Grand Finalists Adelaide from 13 touches, and snared three more from 15 disposals in a battle with reigning premier Richmond later that season.”

Last edited:

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
West Coast trade pick 54 for Zac Langdon. From memory, I remember him being compared to LeGod in his draft year. Hopefully he can recapture the form he showed in 2018.
If you mean LeCrayfisher LeGod? Then that's bloody awesome!
Makes you realise how much we miss Lecca!
But will temper my expectations until much later (after TK!)

flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Welcome home Zac B2 Langdon.
Pretty sure this was a done deal for a while so good to get it put to bed early.

If he can reclaim that early career form and build on it he could be a very very good pick up.
Pick 56 about right, probably a bargain really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BeornJ

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Very excited by this pick up.

I'm predicting his career will follow a similar trajectory to Jamie Cripps but with him hitting his peak earlier

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Assuming he gets a run, Langdon will become just the second player to make the switch from the hallowed Orange, White and Charcoal (with a big G) to the wings of West Coast - following in the massive foot steps of Jonathan Giles.

“If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants”
- Zac Langdon (probably).

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Kid looks pretty jacked, hope he can apply tonnes of pressure and bag a few snags!
Tbh from what I’ve seen when watching him, he isn’t exactly a physical presence on field. Reminds me of Lonie from St Kilda a bit, in being more of an opportunist small forward than a manic tackler. I think people will be slightly disappointed if they think he’s going to be the answer to our inability to lock the ball in the 50.

He will surely apply more pressure than Petch or Ah Chee have been though.

May 8, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Tbh from what I’ve seen when watching him, he isn’t exactly a physical presence on field. Reminds me of Lonie from St Kilda a bit, in being more of an opportunist small forward than a manic tackler. I think people will be slightly disappointed if they think he’s going to be the answer to our inability to lock the ball in the 50.

He will surely apply more pressure than Petch or Ah Chee have been though.
Any improvement over the before-mentioned is a positive :)

kfad05

Debutant
Jul 31, 2009
Perth Hills
AFL Club
West Coast
Assuming he gets a run, Langdon will become just the second player to make the switch from the hallowed Orange, White and Charcoal (with a big G) to the wings of West Coast - following in the massive foot steps of Jonathan Giles.

“If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants”
- Zac Langdon (probably).
Tunbridge as well, though I don't know that he ever played a game for GWS. It does mean Langdon has to live up to THAT tackle though

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back