Remove this Banner Ad

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Zac on 6PR said he is keen to pinch hit in the midfield which is where he played all his junior football. Would be good to add another player that can go through the middle.
I'm keen to see this, and think it would be as defensive mid. Good tackler and closing speed, might apply good pressure in the middle to get the ball flowing our way.

May 8, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm keen to see this, and think it would be as defensive mid. Good tackler and closing speed, might apply good pressure in the middle to get the ball flowing our way.
We really do need to have a more solid rotation out the middle. Kelly has proven he can do some damage up forward so that rotation would be beneficial for us.

Tl:dr

He's self isolating at home, club organised a treadmill to be delivered to him. The delivery guys went through his house to put it out on the patio, that's where the breach occurred as no one is allowed to enter the premises.

Classic West Coast. Even our breaches are vanilla
Yeah, where's the girlfriend scaling fences in a golf course? Or hooking up and the girl being too drunk to drive home after an argument?

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Tl:dr

He's self isolating at home, club organised a treadmill to be delivered to him. The delivery guys went through his house to put it out on the patio, that's where the breach occurred as no one is allowed to enter the premises.
Asterisk 2021.

Moose1414

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm calling it. Best 22 player right now. Has played in all of our wins this season, only half of our losses in 2021 [9-4 wl]. He's running all day, finding himself in the right positions all day, and his handball release game is quite tidy in a team full of blokes who love nothing more than dropping a handball on a mates shoelaces or a metre behind them. Earning himself plenty of shots on goal too and will come good one day. Wouldn't be an Eagles game if he isn't taking an obligatory set shot from 40 on a slight angle to the left of screen. He'll start nailing them you watch. JKK has put in a power of work, looked lost early in the season but has figured his running patterns out now and its paving dividends. Top level recruiting, I've done a complete 180 on my assessment of his value from the Richmond game to now. Cheers to the best legs in the business Mr Langdon, keep it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what cool aid you're drinking bruv?

I was chuffed when we got him, but i have to say i've been somewhat disappointed.

Putting up career low tackle numbers at West Coast, by a fair stretch. That was the biggest drawcard for us to get him IMO and it hasn't clicked yet.

1626732397445.png

1626732842022.png

1626733104214.png
1626733064988.png

His intensity at the contest annoys me. It's like he's very timid when attacking the football. Not enough campaigner and desire to win about him.

When he got pinged for that deliberate OOB, he honestly looked like he didn't give a F. Looked at the umpire with a dumb look on his face then just timidly manned the mark without any sort of protest or sign he cared. Meanwhile i was melting on my couch.

I'm just not really sure what his role is supposed to be for us? The pressure has dropped right off, he's getting more ball than ever but not hitting the scoreboard, nor is that translating into goal assists or even score involvements. So is this kent running back into defense to pick up touches or what?

BlueandGoldforever

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure what cool aid you're drinking bruv?

I was chuffed when we got him, but i have to say i've been somewhat disappointed.

Putting up career low tackle numbers at West Coast, by a fair stretch. That was the biggest drawcard for us to get him IMO and it hasn't clicked yet.

View attachment 1181953

View attachment 1181954

View attachment 1181960View attachment 1181959

His intensity at the contest annoys me. It's like he's very timid when attacking the football. Not enough campaigner and desire to win about him.

When he got pinged for that deliberate OOB, he honestly looked like he didn't give a F. Looked at the umpire with a dumb look on his face then just timidly manned the mark without any sort of protest or sign he cared. Meanwhile i was melting on my couch.

I'm just not really sure what his role is supposed to be for us? The pressure has dropped right off, he's getting more ball than ever but not hitting the scoreboard, nor is that translating into goal assists or even score involvements. So is this kent running back into defense to pick up touches or what?
I have to agree. I don’t think he offers much and is far slower than I thought. Rioli will replace him in a heartbeat. Same with Jones.

Not a fan. Simply, if Langdon's in our best 22 we ain't contending.
We won a flag with Stevie Armstrong.

Langdon won't be Best 22 when Rioli is back, but he's decent enough depth and can play a role if called upon.

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Every time I see Langdon play, I think the same thing:

How does a guy make it to this level (as a forward nonetheless) and not be able to make the distance from 35 meters out?

Any forward at this level should be able to kick 50m. Hos lack of depth in his kicking is comical, its WAFL level

Standard story of a recruit coming over and struggling to replicate the form shown at their previous club straight away though.

See Wellinghaaaaahaaaahahhhahaaaahaaaam, Redden, Jetta, Witherden etc.

Just have to give him some time to find his feet and role in the team i guess. Definitely the obvious cut for when Willie returns.

We've West Coasted Langdon. Taken a pressure small forward who tackles hard and hits the scoreboard, into a non tackling, non damaging, apparently slow small who loves taking shots at goal despite everyone at the ground and everyone watching at home knowing full well he cannot make the distance. Real head scratcher.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Standard story of a recruit coming over and struggling to replicate the form shown at their previous club straight away though.

See Wellinghaaaaahaaaahahhhahaaaahaaaam, Redden, Jetta, Witherden etc.

Just have to give him some time to find his feet and role in the team i guess. Definitely the obvious cut for when Willie returns.

We've West Coasted Langdon. Taken a pressure small forward who tackles hard and hits the scoreboard, into a non tackling, non damaging, apparently slow small who loves taking shots at goal despite everyone at the ground and everyone watching at home knowing full well he cannot make the distance. Real head scratcher.
Sure but you could argue that Langdon was pretty s**t at GWS too bar his first year.

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Sure but you could argue that Langdon was pretty sh*t at GWS too bar his first year.

Correct. His goals and tackles are down from *checks notes* three years ago, but across most statistical categories he's having a career-best year. The issue is, his career hasn't been all that great, so I'm not sure what people were expecting.

Pick 54. I guess we were spoilt by that bloke we took with pick 52 a few years earlier who hasn't played for two years.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
I was a fan of Langdon at the Giants, especially during his first season but he did have a few injuries after that.

Doesn't seem to quite have the same zip. I have noticed in the past couple of weeks that his kicks have had more penetration so hopefully this is being worked on.

Sure but you could argue that Langdon was pretty sh*t at GWS too bar his first year.
Correct. His goals and tackles are down from *checks notes* three years ago, but across most statistical categories he's having a career-best year. The issue is, his career hasn't been all that great, so I'm not sure what people were expecting.

Pick 54. I guess we were spoilt by that bloke we took with pick 52 a few years earlier who hasn't played for two years.

Well, yeah.

His tackles aren't "down from 3 years ago" though, they are down from literally every single season he has played before this one. Including last year.

I was expecting a good 4 tackles a game from him. That was a fair expectation. He was able to produce that, or more, in 2/3 seasons at GWS, and the third he still put out 3.3 a game despite injuries and patchy form. Pressure was the selliing point.

His tackle output in 2021 for West Coast despite getting a clear run at it isn't even HALF of that.

1.92 tackles a game? GTFO of here pleb. That's barely more than Petch (1.69) & Flan Ran (1.64), who clearly bring more to the table offensively than he does.

13.2 Pressure acts in 2021
15.3 pressure acts in 2020
14.7 pressure acts in 2019
17.9 pressure acts in 2018

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Jamie Cripps was super average during 2013 when he came over. Was in an out of the side and really hit his straps in 2015 as the player he is today. Don't see why cant try model his game on Cripps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back