List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast : Zane Trew

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
DRAFT ANALYSIS: “Trew is a strong inside midfielder who thrives in extracting contested ball, and is one of the finest exponents of the handball in this year’s crop.” – Michael Alvaro

Well thank f*ck for that. Took us long enough to realise we need more than Yeo dragging balls out of the guts. This team is crying out for players who can put their heads over the ball instead of standing off packs looking for cheapies.

Hope he plays early and shames a few of the regulars into doing the hard stuff.

1607575017880.png

1607575241276.png

That was out of bounds! That was out of bounds! That was out of bounds! THAT... WAS OUT OF BOUNDS!!!!!

I have it on good authority (dockers board) that we are cheats and Suma trash talked the kid so we got a gun for nothin.:D

So the plan worked then

Good

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Just how many times did Freo opt not to draft him BTW. Including 5 picks earlier in the Rookie draft.
They had multiple opportunities to draft him. Truth is, he doesn't fit their needs right now. They need players that can kick a score. I don't think trew will be that player.

They had multiple opportunities to draft him. Truth is, he doesn't fit their needs right now. They need players that can kick a score. I don't think trew will be that player.

Freo have left so many good KPF on the table. it's hilarious.

TOA.

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Look, i won't say it's the worst highlights vid of all time, because Brayden has that title..

But...

It’s not even highlights, just couple of possessions from a colts game. I’m sure our fabulous and well resourced club will upload some proper highlights soon (or after he’ll freezes over)

Just how many times did Freo opt not to draft him BTW. Including 5 picks earlier in the Rookie draft.

Hopefully we can get a "against the club that didn't want him" going of our own.

Speaks surprisingly well for a Swan Districts alumni. Thought he handled the question about Sumich’s comments impressively - played with a straight bat Boycott would have been proud of

Jan 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, South Fremantle
Zane complained of a sore neck after one of the rep games. Suma and the other coaches thought he was a bit soft, so the next game Suma played him off the half back line.

Un-be-known to them, Zane was actually playing with a small fracture in his neck. It was only diagnosed a few weeks later.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Suma is old school and that’s not a bad thing as an under 18s coach as it gives these players something to prove.

I back the club to get the best out of him. Darling was a flog before being drafted.

Ryan wasn’t the best person to train well but damn being in a professional environment he seriously stepped his game up this year to a new level and he could have easily coasted after winning a flag in his first year.

Gov in his early years was lazy and look how he turned it around.

We have great ppl running that club with its culture with ppl like Simmo, Nico, Petrie down to players like Nic Nat, JK, Shuey, Gov, Cripps, Yeo ect that kids look up too.

Back