List Mgmt. Welcome Tom Hickey

Remove this Banner Ad

We've all played with them - the dopey lanky bastards who lope around like a two-day old gazelle but chip in every week and are good value at the club later that night. Reckon he'll become a bit of a cult figure here. Must be pumped at the prospect of playing consistently next year.

In the case that Nicnat comes back in time for our hypothetical grand final... who gets the axe? Would feel bad if Vardy didn’t get another crack... but at the same time- Hickey has come from not one, but two unsuccessful teams! Let the man finally have a taste of grand final glory, I say (plus Vardy has already won) would be heartbreaking for either one to be honest.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s 201cm

Has played 79 games ...which the majority would be against Melbourne based teams coz that’s how it works so he will be good against those guys on our away games

He will be ok I’m sure

Guys tend to give it a lot on their second club

Look at our second club players.....Yeo, Redden ...vardy ....Jetta (finally) .....have all done well

Kennedy ..Cripps...and hutch all have done well with second chances ....

Our track record is good in this area ....

Freos is like the wreckers ...watch Rory lobb struggle at Freo ....mark my words

He’s 201cm

Has played 79 games ...which the majority would be against Melbourne based teams coz that’s how it works so he will be good against those guys on our away games

He will be ok I’m sure

Look at our second club players.....Yeo, Redden ...vardy ....Jetta (finally) .....have all done well

Freos is like the wreckers ...watch Rory lobb struggle at Freo ....mark my words

What's the rule for third clubs?

He’s 201cm

He will be ok I’m sure

What about Wellingham. The pick used to get Grundy. What a shocking trade that was.

In the case that Nicnat comes back in time for our hypothetical grand final... who gets the axe? Would feel bad if Vardy didn’t get another crack... but at the same time- Hickey has come from not one, but two unsuccessful teams! Let the man finally have a taste of grand final glory, I say (plus Vardy has already won) would be heartbreaking for either one to be honest.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hickey is a first ruck - without much else to offer

Vardy far more effective up forward

If Nic comes back - hickey goes out - easy decision

If we were to recruit someone like Zac Clarke - hickey would be no guarantee to be best 22 anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I strongly doubt Nic Nat plays next season

And if he does manage to get himself right at the very end of next season, is he neccesarily a walk up starter if the club is doing really well?

We know that he is prodigiously talented, but, i have long held concerns about having a bloke on the field that can effectively only play half a game of football every week. Particularly if, by comparison, you have a good midfield and a pair of competent ruckman that can run out almost a full game each. That was effectively a winning formula for us this year

If we win the flag next year without Nic, it might almost be worth someone doing a thread regarding Nic Nat and the "Ewing Effect" (If you are unfamiliar with it, look it up)

What about Wellingham. The pick used to get Grundy. What a shocking trade that was.

Peak Cox and emerging Naitanui with Lycett waiting at the time. It was a sound trade, we were not going to draft Grundy even if we still had our pick.

Wellingham was a key reason we made the GF in 2015, he tailed off horribly in the end but the trade was nowhere near a shocker.

Jimmy Bartel made a good point on Trade Radio in that Hickey is a left handed ruckman. Cited Goldstein as another but the majority are right handers.

Just a point of difference that he might offer for our centre bounce set ups.
Where as nic nat had the flipper , the flopper, the dropper , the over the topper and the show stopper

Think they actually told him that well before then
Dont know why . He is better in the ruck than vardy who is more than serviceable.
I think the saints have a bigger problems in thier inside mids being massive ball butchers especially steven . Just hack it forward without looking

Where as nic nat had the flipper , the flopper, the dropper , the over the topper and the show stopper
Indeed. Though I’m now doubting Bartel’s call now based on the highlights I’ve seen of Hickey.

Reckon he’s a right hander and Jimmy was thinking of his kicking foot instead of his tapping hand...

I haven't read through the entire thread, so forgive me, but is Tom Hickey the first Queenslander to play for the Eagles? Apologies in advance if already mentioned!

The first Queenslander we've had on the list in 20 years, only others were untried rookies Todd Nener and Trent Simpson.

#randomuselessfacts

Jimmy Bartel made a good point on Trade Radio in that Hickey is a left handed ruckman. Cited Goldstein as another but the majority are right handers.

Just a point of difference that he might offer for our centre bounce set ups.
Indeed. Though I’m now doubting Bartel’s call now based on the highlights I’ve seen of Hickey.

Reckon he’s a right hander and Jimmy was thinking of his kicking foot instead of his tapping hand...
Man, I thought I was the only unco that was right handed & left footed.
At least I don't look like a murder I suppose. ;)
(See his Q&A vid for that)

Man, I thought I was the only unco that was right handed & left footed.
At least I don't look like a murder I suppose. ;)
(See his Q&A vid for that)

I’m the same. Do everything right handed except kick a footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back