Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
The Sydney Stack thread has more pages than Lynch...

B3F09D9C-E91A-4288-8B50-452E224DBE62.gif

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

Good to see both forwards together getting along with Jack in charge, although Lynch needs to improve his knowledge of club. Didn't know KB won the 1980 Norm Smith and said Richmond's grand final winning margin was 10 points in a quiz.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Agree with the dont rush approach, but if hes not ready for round 1 that would have to be a bit of a concern as hes not coming in to the season off a good fitness base and you assume the injury or recovery more significant than first thought.

It's not about "needing" him for round 1, it's about the earlier hes fully fit the better prospect and base he has for 2019.

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Agree with the dont rush approach, but if hes not ready for round 1 that would have to be a bit of a concern as hes not coming in to the season off a good fitness base and you assume the injury or recovery more significant than first thought.

It's not about "needing" him for round 1, it's about the earlier hes fully fit the better prospect and base he has for 2019.

I don't think it's such an issue. If it's just fitness base, he can play deep in the early rounds and build from there. He seemed very confident for R1 in the interview, and said he is ready to start full speed running, and full training soon after that. If he doesn't play any of the preseason games, then we can get concerned for the early part of the season.

Get him right and then bring him up to full fitness.

The key is he second half of the season and finals.

Reckon we want at least 10 games with him in to work out he new forward structure. So I don't care about he first few games. But you'd want him in for a fair while to sort it all out.

Plenty to get excited about. A couple more young guys take the next step and I might even raise my voice when watching the games. ;)

looking forward to Higgo, Rioli and Jack, of course, tearing teams apart and Cotch and Dusty having a rest.

R1 crisp blue autumn night,Tiger pubs full of Tigerheads talking about Lynchy,omg,it’s gonna be huuuuuge.

I’m predicting 95k on the Tommy machine.

Then 99k for our home game against the Millicents.

If not ready though,no rush.

Back